A REGULAR DAY AT WORK:
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting
the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the
everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning,
and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to
innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will be part of the Ownership Solutions Finance team and a key member of the Distribution center leadership team. As the Distribution Controller, you will function as the trusted finance business partner and advisor, supporting the team to really understand their financial decisions that will drive value and cost improvement. It will be part of your responsibility to ensure your partners, colleagues and leaders have the most up to date, reliable information at hand, supporting them make the best possible financial decisions
You will lead the finance team responsible for the accounting activities, including monitoring and analysis of product costs, safeguarding company assets and ensuring accuracy of the company’s financial statements while contributing to bring the Distribution team forward.
- Develop and implement key strategic priorities for the distribution centers including proactively engaging in developing your team by promoting a culture of continuous improvement, setting high standards and promoting a teamwork environment within the team and with the rest of the organization
- Strengthen and support the control environment and compliance activities to safeguard the plant assets while ensuring the implementation and application of the company’s policies and procedures is followed
- Provide leadership in driving the distribution centers financial results including monitoring and unbiasedly assessing the plant’s performance improvement plans including cost performance as well as cash flow items optimization
- Direct and assist in the weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements including related financial analysis, the annual budget, forecasts, and management reporting
- Managing a complete and thorough month end close process while ensuring full compliance with accounting principles and follow up with any internal or external audits as needed.
- Monitor and manage the accounting systems and related policy and procedures, including the setting of standard costs, variance analysis, inventory accuracy, internal controls, ERP system integrity, etc.
- Lead the plant’s capital budgeting program, including preparation and approval of the annual capital plan, investment requests and ensuring adherence to capital policy and procedures
- Working with data source providers and technology teams, ensuring that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
- Implementing policies and programs that guide Operations towards maintaining and improving its current position and profitability
- Creating business cases for potential opportunities within the distribution network along with leading post mortems for each business case within distribution.
- Serving as project manager on cost reduction initiatives, working cross functionally with operations, supply chain, and procurement to drive cost reductions
Who you are:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You know your stuff and apply your knowledge and new ways of thinking to innovate new ways of working.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g. Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent. CPA certification and/or master’s degree are a plus
- 5 to 7+ years of experience in relevant finance roles (Accounting/Controlling/Finance)
- 5+yearsof leadership experience
- Plant controllership experience, preferably with experience with Distribution Centers
- Experience and understanding of general accounting, inventory and cost accounting provide the ability to solve unstructured business and accounting problems
- Proven expertise in delivering meaningful business reporting,
- Proven analytical, financial understanding in delivering forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis, as well as data interpretation of business impact and results,
- You are proficient in Excel, Power BI, data mining, SQL/ODBC, SAP, JDE