REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role, you will be part of the Ownership Solutions Finance team and a key member of the Distribution center leadership team. As the Distribution Controller, you will function as the trusted finance business partner and advisor, supporting the team to really understand their financial decisions that will drive value and cost improvement. It will be part of your responsibility to ensure your partners, colleagues and leaders have the most up to date, reliable information at hand, supporting them make the best possible financial decisions.
- Develop and implement key strategic priorities for the distribution centers including proactively engaging in developing your team by promoting a culture of continuous improvement, setting high standards, and promoting a teamwork environment within the team and with the rest of the organization.
- Strengthen and support the control environment and compliance activities to safeguard the plant assets while ensuring the implementation and application of the company’s policies and procedures is followed.
- Provide leadership in driving the distribution centers financial results including monitoring and unbiasedly assessing the plant’s performance improvement plans including cost performance as well as cash flow items optimization.
- Direct and assist in the weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements including related financial analysis, the annual budget, forecasts, and management reporting.
- Managing a complete and thorough month end close process while ensuring full compliance with accounting principles and follow up with any internal or external audits as needed.
- Monitor and manage the accounting systems and related policy and procedures, including the setting of standard costs, variance analysis, inventory accuracy, internal controls, ERP system integrity, etc.
- Lead the plant’s capital budgeting program, including preparation and approval of the annual capital plan, investment requests, and ensuring adherence to capital policy and procedures.
- Working with data source providers and technology teams, ensuring that key decision data is accurate, automated, and timely.
- Implementing policies and programs that guide operations towards maintaining and improving its current position and profitability.
- Creating business cases for potential opportunities within the distribution network along with leading post mortems for each business case within distribution.
- Serving as project manager on cost reduction initiatives, working cross functionally with operations, supply chain, and procurement to drive cost reductions.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You know your stuff and apply your knowledge and new ways of thinking to innovate new ways of working.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g. Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent. CPA certification and/or Master’s degree are a plus.
- 5 to 7+ years of experience in relevant finance roles (Accounting/Controlling/Finance).
- 5+years of leadership experience.
- Plant controllership experience, preferably with experience with Distribution Centers.
- Experience and understanding of general accounting, inventory, and cost accounting.
- Proven ability to solve unstructured business and accounting problems.
- Proven expertise in delivering meaningful business reporting.
- Proven analytical, financial understanding in delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, as well as data interpretation of business impact and results.
- You are proficient in Excel, Power BI, data mining, SQL/ODBC, SAP, JDE.