Controls and Automation Manager
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will lead a team of engineers to implement our strategic
plans for automation and digital manufacturing. You will support the development, implementation and ramp up of new
processes ensuring the systems are fault tolerant and maintainable by
technicians. The successful candidate will be a technical
leader, fostering collaboration and team building while upholding the
organization’s core values.
You will be responsible for on time and on budget delivery of projects and developing your team to ensure our technical roadmap is obtained.
- Lead a team of engineers to commission and ramp production equipment including mechanical automation equipment, robots, PLCs, motion controls, vison systems and industrial IoT sensors.
- Prepare technical specifications for equipment according to Global Manufacturing Engineering Guidelines.
- Collaborate with regional and global counterparts on standard solutions.
- You will lead and create machine interactions with plant-wide Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to communicate product acceptability, machine status, and process variables.
- Support production feasibility analysis and ensure implementation of our standard digital manufacturing solutions.
- Lead the development and application of error handling and recovery procedures.Provide solutions to ensure reduced downtime and time to repair.
- Research and facilitate innovative solutions for smart and optimal manufacturing processes.
- Generate capital investment request required for activities.Ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Engineering university degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (Controls, Mechatronics, Automation)
- 12+ years of experience as a hands-on manufacturing controls engineer working on automation and/or electromechanical systems
- 5+ years of proven experience in leading a technical team of engineers in automation and controls
- Communications between machine PLCs, database systems and MES (OPC client & server)
- Ladder/structured logic PLCs, Safety PLCs and HMI (Siemens)
- Strong technical and problem solving skills