Controls & Automation Engineer
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will support PLC, HMI and SCADA software for control
systems and equipment during design, installation, and startup. You will
provide expertise and guidance to project teams during design reviews and
equipment installation as it relates to electrical, control and automation
systems. The successful candidate will
be a technical leader, fostering collaboration and team building while
upholding the organization’s core values. You will be a technical expert
throughout the lifecycle for automated equipment and systems
- Electrical and controls subject matter expert.
- Implement improvements into existing controls and automation systems to increase productivity and process control.
- Startup new equipment and implement MES into process equipment.
- Lead identification of digital manufacturing solutions to improve process controls. Implement new field devices, sensors and process monitoring equipment.
- Continuously asses and optimize the use of automation and control systems.
- Prepare technical specifications for equipment according to Global Manufacturing Engineering guidelines.
- Confirm equipment and automation systems meet Electrolux specifications.
- Support the standardization of common processes and automation solutions.
- Research and facilitate innovative solutions for smart and optimal manufacturing processes.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Engineering University degree (Bachelor or Master).
- 10+ years experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- 7+ years’ experience with automation and controls (PLC, HMI and SCADA systems).Siemens required.
- OPC (Client & Server), Siemens TIA Portal, Vision Systems, Industrial Networks.
- Experience with robotic work cells and conveyor systems.