A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will
be responsible for the design and development of the process control systems
for the facility. This includes the
specification of control system hardware and software, including the material
to support installation. Development of
control systems in full compliance with recognized industry standards, safety
standards, company requirements and various customer specifications.
Position is responsible for the control implementation of the project. This implementation includes but is not limited to: configuration, programming, communications, system architecture, trending, historical data, control room and control panel arrangement, equipment layout, factory acceptance testing and field checkout and pre-commissioning. Key responsibility to ensure that the production plant can be monitored and controlled to optimum efficiency through advanced control maintenance, support and development.
- Prepare specifications and quotations for labor, tooling and equipment to support the business unit requirements.
- Participate in concurrent engineering design reviews and evaluate and approve drawings, routings, specifications and other documents.
- Design and procure tools/equipment and writes appropriation requests.
- Evaluate and solve production problems associated with equipment, maintenance, and/or manufacturing methods.
- Implements root cause analysis and engages manufacturing associates and maintenance technicians in problem solving methods.
- Work closely with maintenance and manufacturing associates on a daily basis and conducts training to introduce new processes
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Previous Experience, 6+ experience in manufacturing environment.
- Experience in development of preventative and predictive maintenance schedules to insure continuous uptime of equipment in area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in leading process improvements through 5-S and other work balance and labor saving initiatives.
- Demonstrated “ownership” in equipment/process uptime and efficiencies and utilization.
- Significant experience and understanding of PLC in a continuous process system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must have experience with programming PLC’s to run large electro-mechanical equipment.High expertise in Allen Bradley PLC, Motion Controllers and HMI hardware and software platforms required.
- Must have experience with programming MS-VBasic, C++, LabView, Data Bases, Data acquisition and other applicable software required for Test and Process Automation.
- Background in Electronics, Power Supply and Electrical Distribution applicable for Equipment and Process, as well as capability to troubleshoot Electrical problems.
- The unique ability to work directly with manufacturing and maintenance associates for problem solving, buy-in and support of new processes. Prior management of manufacturing maintenance personnel required.
- Must have knowledge of PM systems and general maintenance policies and procedures as they relate to a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Significant experience in different kind of motors and PLC controls and programming.
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, production equipment and tooling specification and capital improvement costing and proposals.
- Computer proficiency required. The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities with experience in problem (root cause) analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Engineering experience in automated and hand assembly equipment with direct involvement in leading lower level engineers and maintenance technicians
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment/processes and implement improvements.
- Comfortable working from concept to implementation
Ability to lead maintenance technicians in area of responsibility and work closely with engineers in other departments to solve problems and continuously improve processes, reduce scrap and improve cycle times of equipment.
- PLC Programming (Allen Bradley) and other programming languages.
- Strong Electronics, Electricity, Motors and PLC Hardware design experience
- Strong Mechanical skills mainly Hydraulic and Pneumatics.
- Strong development background.
- Control panel layouts, design wire diagrams.
- Design experience with VFD (variable frequency drive).