REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Controls Engineer is responsible for the design and development of the process control systems for the facility. This includes the specification of control system hardware and software, including the material to support installation. This position is also responsible for the development of control systems in full compliance with recognized industry standards, safety standards, company requirements, and various customer specifications.
- Prepare specifications and quotations for labor, tooling, and equipment to support the business unit requirements.
- Participate in concurrent engineering design reviews and evaluate and approve drawings, routings, specifications, and other documents.
- Design and procure tools/equipment and write appropriation requests.
- Evaluate and solve production problems associated with equipment, maintenance, and/or manufacturing methods.
- Implement root cause analysis and engages manufacturing associates and maintenance technicians in problem solving methods.
- Work closely with maintenance and manufacturing associates daily.
- Conducts training to introduce new processes.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You start and you finish, taking leadership of getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Previous Experience, 6+ years’ experience in manufacturing environment.
- Experience in development of preventative and predictive maintenance schedules to insure continuous uptime of equipment in area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in leading process improvements through 5-S and other work balance and labor-saving initiatives.
- Demonstrated “ownership” in equipment/process uptime and efficiencies and utilization.
- Significant experience and understanding of PLC in a continuous process system.
- Must have knowledge of PM systems and general maintenance policies and procedures as they relate to a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Must have experience with programming PLC’s to run large electro-mechanical equipment. High expertise in Allen Bradley PLC, Motion Controllers and HMI hardware and software platforms required.
- Must have experience with programming MS-VBasic, C++, LabView, Data Bases, Data acquisition and other applicable software required for Test and Process Automation.