Controls Systems Engineer (B)
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Testing Engineer will be the specialist for
testing core technology and responsible for On-Line and End-Of-Line test of
household appliances. The challenge is to implement standard processes in the
areas of testing and distribute them to the manufacturing business areas.
Therefore, this position ensures standardized and best in class factory EOL
testing and flashing process within the food preservation product line. This
also means to drive process & equipment standardization, constantly
improving process efficiency and product quality across the product line
- Support manufacturing operations to manage and improve Testing, factory flashing of electronics, and connectivity of household appliances.
- Troubleshoot and improve test and traceability data handshaking on the production line.
- Create global standards and procedures for End of Line test processes and ensure their compliance with relevant technical standards in alignment with R&D and Quality.
- Develop, define, and standardize automated on-line tests for refrigerators and freezers.
- Prepare technical specifications for purchasing testing equipment, including safety and technical requirements according to the global manufacturing engineering guidelines.
- Supervise equipment installation in cooperation with plant manufacturing engineering.
- Determinate and implement next steps to drive further assembly testing and flashing automation projects.
- Provide support to R&D departments in product development projects and updates.
- Initiate and lead developments of new testing equipment and procedures with suppliers.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You want to know everything about everything.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Technical or Engineering Degree (Bachelor’s required) (Fields such as Electronics, Mechatronics, Manufacturing, or Business Engineer).
- Professional experience in the manufacturing industry within factory or plant environment.
- Profound knowledge about test and measurement techniques, electrical standards, automation, ESD problematics.
- Experience with OPC UA.
- Basic knowledge in database structures, C-programming, Microcontrollers, IT systems (Windows and Linux) and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in System installation and validation with purchased equipment in an industrial or engineering environment.
- Basic knowledge of programming interfaces (SPI, ICC, SWD, …)
- Experience in project management and new product introduction.
- Experience with electrical cabinets, interfaces, and industrial equipment specifications.
- Knowledge of safety and industrial standards (esp. electrical testing places).
- Basic knowledge of statistical analysis, Six Sigma, and Statistical Process Control.
- Business fluent English skills, Spanish is a plus.