Controls Technician- 3rd Shift- Springfield, TN (T)
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
Working in a team atmosphere through collaboration and individual contribution to support food cooking product manufacturing equipment operations. Evaluation, selection, and use of the required methods needed for proper equipment Controls troubleshooting, repair, and improvements as needed.
- Automated Manufacturing machines troubleshooting and operation
- Mechanical and Hydraulic punch press and fabrication troubleshooting
- Automated Fabrication equipment controls troubleshooting
- Automatic Finishing systems troubleshooting and repair – paint and enamel
- Communication network evaluation, troubleshooting, and repair – ethernet, Profinet
- Modify PLC programs as necessary for efficient operation and improvements
- Multi-meters troubleshooting of electrical and electronic circuits
- Use hand tools as required for component replacement and wiring.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You get to know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Mechatronics or Electro-Mechanical Associates Degree from an accredited university
- 4 years or more experience in an automated manufacturing environment
- Alternate: 10 yrs. of verifiable experience as a Controls Technician or
- Proficient using Allen-Bradley SLC 500, Studio 5000 programs
- Proficient using Allen-Bradley FactoryTalk View HMI software
- Proficient using Siemens TIA Portal, Step 7
- Proficient using Siemens WinCC HMI software
- Demonstrated ability to program and troubleshoot Motion or Servo-motor systems controls