Cooking Competence Center Laboratory Manager
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This position will ensure planning and of all relevant test for all related projects according to the project planning by the categories. This person will also ensure full support to develop new technical solutions and maintain the implementation in the modules. This includes the development of Product Cooking performance according to consumer expectations.
- Ensure the planning and follow up of all project-linked test activities.
- Drive feasibility studies and activities with Consumer and EGD (Electrolux Group Design) inside and to define and develop targets, perception, expectations, and feedback.
- Drive Benchmark activities with a focus on Performance and consumer expectations.
- Follow up and evaluate technical trends and define Team action to influence them in the future.
- Provide module teams to support the module structure.
- Support Categories/ Platforms/modules in relevant knowledge.
- Participation in technical committees for standards.
- Relationship and alignment with consumer’s institutes.
- Adopt and nurture the use of Sigma Science tools into test plans.
- Creation of Consumer rating analysis based on results and plan actions to improve them.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
- You start and you finish, taking leadership of getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You know your stuff and can articulate it well; building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Degree field within Engineering, Food Science, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years managing a team within a laboratory, test kitchen, or equivalent.
- Previous combination of chef experience, within a development role and/or previous knowledge and experience with electronics, mechanics, and electrical.
- Familiarity with testing methodologies (DOE, statistical methodologies, etc.), preferred.
- Willing to travel occasionally.