Corporate Communications Manager, Egypt & MENCA
This is a role for an ambitious, structured and results-driven senior corporate communications professional to lead internal and external communications in Egypt & MENCA. The role has the overall responsibility for communications in Egypt, Middle East, North and Central Africa; including markets with great growth potential as well as markets where Electrolux has production facilities (Egypt).
This is a full-time position based in Egypt reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa. The position will require certain travel to ensure close ties with key markets as well as coordination with the regional headquarters in Singapore.
A Typical Day
Your typical day will be anything but typical but it’s all about telling an incredible story that begins and ends with better life experiences. Below are some of the key responsibilities that you would be driving:
• Building and protecting the reputation of Electrolux as a purpose-driven company by establishing good relations with key stakeholders
• Advising leadership with an external perspective to influence decisions.
• Drive consistent storytelling, through multiple channels and stakeholders, to maximize positive publicity.
• Acting as a media spokesperson and providing communications support to the leadership team.
• Proactively managing issues & crises and maintaining an effective, robust crisis process
• Driving internal communications activities in line with the overall objectives to promote a strong internal culture and a desired workplace
• Leading the communication triangle with both Marketing and HR to drive an aligned communication agenda
• Driving and supporting continuous improvement and change communication.
• Leading relevant CSR initiatives within Egypt & MENCA in line with Group priorities and objectives
• Building an understanding of Electrolux purpose, values and direction, as well as regional goals and strategy, among employees.
• Undertaking ad hoc special projects to support communications in APAC & MEA as required
Who You Are
For you to succeed in this role, you should be:
• Curious - You want to know everything about everything.
• Creative - You look at everything from every angle, distilling the core message and putting it together in a way that excites and delights.
• Influential - You know how to structure a case and get people on board.
• Adaptable - With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility is essential
You are expected to participate in special projects as requested by Electrolux management either as required by the business and/or as part or your career development plan.
- Preferably, you should have a University degree in mass communication, Journalism or Marketing. Relevant post-graduate studies will be considered an asset.
- You should also demonstrate excellent communication in English and Arabic, both verbal and written.
- At least 8 years’ experience with pan-Arab communication – several of those in an international environment - from company, agency or consultancy side.
- Strong Government/Public affairs background within the region; building official relationships and help in fostering advocacy opportunities.
- Proven experience in effectively communicating with senior executives as well as strong collaboration and persuasion to partner effectively with all levels both internally & externally,
- The ability to get in-depth understanding of the company, its purpose, strategy, operations, business objectives and industry,
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity to the diversity of values, views and approaches of different stakeholders
- Credibility and gravitas in dealing with the media as corporate spokesperson,
- The ability to develop and implement corporate social media strategies.
Background of design, photoshop or other editing tools will be considered an asset.