This position will work closely with the Controller and
other management personnel to develop new cost standards, identify
inefficiencies within the production process and oversee extensive reporting as
it relates to the cost and general accounting functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for analyzing and owning Purchase Price Variance reporting and Other Material Variances for the factory
- Process owner and subject matter expert for plant inventory for bill of material, and overall system integrity and reporting
- Drive the material project master for material related projects
- Leader in analyzing actual manufacturing cost and standard cost variances.Responsible for supporting standard cost manufacturing processes.
- Ensuring compliance to Sarbanes-Oxley related internal controls related to manufacturing accounting activities
- Participate in plant closing activities including journal entries, reconciliations, reporting and analysis
- Assistance with special Projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or a related field
- At least 2+ years
of experience in Accounting with an emphasis in cost accounting support
- Knowledge of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.