REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This position assists and prepares monthly and annual accounting entries and reporting; performs financial and cost accounting analysis of data; performs fixed asset accounting; works closely with accounting team and seeks guidance from more senior accountants on standard costing, management of inventory, and ensuring all transactions are completed for month end closing activities; and participates in special project initiatives, which includes annual budget.
- Investigate payment discrepancies.
- Maintain Scrap reports, Sales Tax Report, Rejected Materials Report, and maintain various accounting reports as required.
- Journal entry preparation and entry.
- Maintain investment requests, fixed assets, and capital expenditure processes.
- Assist in maintaining ECS (Electrolux Control System, SOX) related internal control compliance related to manufacturing accounting activities.
- Assist in analyzing actual manufacturing cost and standard cost variances.
- Responsible for applying all requirements related to EMS, ISO9001/14001/50001/Green Spirit according to the position.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or related field.
- Previous Experience: 1-3 years of experience in accounting preferred; experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Responsible for applying all requirements related to Lean Manufacturing, ISO9001/14001/50001, and sustainability according to the position, preferred.
- Knowledge & experience in using all MS Office programs; strong Excel skills a requirement, experience in Power BI a plus.
- Working knowledge of large enterprise computer system (e.g., JDE, MAPICS, SAP).
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to thrive in a “matrix” organization.
- Highly motivated with a pro-active approach to business needs.
- General understanding of accounting and financial concepts.
- Previous accrual and reconciliation experience preferred.