A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will report directly to the Plant Controller and help to manage the monthly close process as it relates to expense and variance reporting, and will evaluate accounting systems and processes, recommend process improvements and work with internal business partners to implement change. You will be responsible for working with corporate and global Accounts Payable to resolve invoicing issues and ensure prompt payments and manage the plant’s daily KPI reporting. You will produce several reports and work with other team members to obtain information using Excel/Pivot Tables/V-Look up and be able to analyze variances as well as prepare a wide range of reports to meet the needs of various internal business partners including manufacturing to drive process and cost optimization. You will serve as the primary point of contact for auditors both internal and external having a strong understanding of internal controls and internal audit procedures.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly financial close entries are complete and that adequate internal controls are followed.
- Oversee internal control procedures and liaise with external auditors during test work
- Investigate and explain variances to forecasts while also preparing daily KPI reports for the management team by utilizing advanced Excel functions
- Liaise with vendors and accounts payable to ensure timely payments
- Provide support and oversight to Premium freight process
- Prepare weekly productivity and stability reports as well as month end journal entries and reconciliations
- Assist in the management of Annual Physical Inventory (Raw/WIP & MRO) and in building monthly forecasts
***INSERT YOU SECTION
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/business required (Master’s degree, CPA and/or CMA preferred)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in General Accounting: forecasting, general ledger, internal audit controls and accounts payable
- Experience using cost accounting modules of JD Edwards or comparable ERP system in a manufacturing environment (SAP/Mapics and related system conversion experience)
- Experience in Lean/Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing is a strong plus
- Proficient in Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Word, data mining, SQL/ODBC, Kronos, etc.