Cost & Quality Manager
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work
Cost and Quality Manager – Forlí, Italy.
The Technology branch of the Global R&D Cooking organization comprises six technologies: Electronics, Gas, Induction, Steam, Microwave and Electrical. As Cost and Quality Manager, you will be part of
You will be primarily responsible for leading the design and development and/or modification of Steam systems to achieve
• Manage the Cost/Quality group’s daily activities and be responsible for delivering group objectives.
• Manage Resource planning, hiring, training, and conduct performance reviews.
• Lead and participate in all stages of all Cost/Quality projects.
• Contribute to the Development of product technical specifications based on a variety of requirement inputs including consumers, marketing and industrial design.
• Ensure test and validation plans execution and support design re-use from existing products
• Ensure detailed engineering documentation including block diagrams, fabrication and assembly drawings, component drawings, specifications, manuals and other customer documentation, development and test procedures, Engineering Change Notices and manufacturing procedures.
• Estimate task durations, prepare project schedules and update product cost estimations for cost and quality projects
• Exhibit appropriate professional
• Work with outside consultants, suppliers and contract manufacturers to develop and manufacture steam components and assemblies.
• Work closely with Purchasing and Quality to investigate, qualify, select and manage suppliers.
• Work closely with manufacturing to ensure the smooth transition of new designs into the production process including support past pilot run and into full manufacturing ramp up.
• International. You are used to a global environment with colleagues all over the world.
• Great listener and communicator. You will join a truly global team and work with other Electrolux offices around the world on a daily basis – therefore these attributes are key for making projects run smoothly.
• Proactive. You are keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. You are self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
• Creative. Willing to keep technical background always up-to-date, commitment to technical excellence.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Engineering degree in Engineering or equivalent
• Years of proven experience in a consumer appliance product R&D environment or similar.
• Demonstrated track record in managing external suppliers to achieve required levels of quality, performance and delivery of sourced components, assemblies and sub-assemblies.
• Familiar with relative standard ( for example
• Proven track record using industry recognized new-product-design processes for steam related components.
• Familiarity with manufacturing processes.
• Knowledge and experience in systems integration.
• Fluency in English. Other languages are a benefit.