Costing Manager, Global Sourcing Operations (GSO)
Purchasing & Sourcing
Innovate enjoyable and sustainable experiences for our consumers.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Global Sourcing Operation (GSO) is an organization within Electrolux Global Operation that is managing the Sourcing, Project management, Quality and Supply Chain for a broad scope of OEM/ODM products including Home Comfort, Cooking, Refrigeration, Dishwashers, Washers and Dryers, Water Care, Floor Care and Small Domestics Appliances from worldwide. With an expected annual volume in excess of 23M units sourced the GSO has supported the delivery of continued business growth and expansion, with future plans in place to maintain the growth trend.
As Costing manager, you are accountable to manage the Product Cost along the product development, leading the cross functional team to identify and achieve the product cost target applying the state of the art costing methods , systems and process.
As this position encompasses various activities, we offer you a fantastic growth and learning experience where you can maximize your professional and social skill set. In exchange we count on your commitment, curiosity, and eagerness to create added value and bring Cost Excellence to the next level.
Your main tasks:
• Manage the product cost during different phases of project development to ensure proper business case profit.
• Work with Business Area and Product line to define proper specification and Top down target cost.
• Gather proposals, specifications, historical data, market trend and liaise with stakeholders to determinate bottom up ambition cost.
• Lead the work stream within the cross functional project team to close the gap between Top down and Bottom up ambition cost.
• Determine the product cost targets during the design and development process, recommending cost effective solutions
• Analyze supplier quotes and work with sourcing and suppliers to ensure an optimal quotation that meet the product cost target (Should cost).
• Strong business sense and analytical skills, systematic approach to mass data handling, analysis and interpretation
• Capable to lead project, influence stakeholders to get buy-in, drive initiatives and change
• Hands on experience in costing analysis (Plastic, Electronics, Metals, etc..) and manufacturing engineering, project management, Product Development, purchasing experience is a plus
• Concrete experience on utilizing automated cost models, cost database, cost factors, and/or cost estimating relationships
• Excellent presentation and communications skills with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally with different cultures
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.
Contact person: Sara Lasio