Customer Service Manager
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for leading the sales order processing team in daily activities of customer order management, building teamship and ensuring compliance with process and procedures. Will also be an individual contributor for sales order processing and phone support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist internal and external customers to resolve issues, answer questions and exchange information on orders, documentation or freight issues.
- Create, generate, and maintain reports in support of customer service processes.
- First escalation point for CSR team; assist with issue resolution and situation de-escalation.
- Fosters open team dialogue through organized and regular bi-weekly team meetings
- Handle incoming requests from customers (via phone and email) and ensure that issues are resolved promptly, thoroughly, and professionally.
- Responsible for weekly timesheet approvals.
- Prepares and conducts individual mid-year and year-end performance appraisals.
- Customer sales order support: including review for accuracy, manual system entry, and acknowledgments to the customer, back-order follow-up, and maintenance of supporting documentation & correspondence in shared drive.
- Drive daily sales order inventory allocation review with customer service team.
- Collaborate with inventory planning team to resolve issues and optimize customer order fulfillment.
- Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision-making; handle issues in the best interest of both customer and company.
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customers’ experience and promote internal efficiencies.
- Support and back-up other customer service team members as needed.
- Other departmental duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5 to 7 years of experience in customer service or sales
- Minimum 2 years of experience in people leadership / supervisory
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish or English/French) desired
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated customer obsession resulting in the ability to meet and exceed consumer needs
- Advanced Excel skills; Proficient in other Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrates excellent active listening skills and is interested in understanding the motivations of others to drive improvement
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment; strong interpersonal skills
- Successfully navigates through ambiguity and change
- Ability to adapt to and quickly learn new systems and processes
- Excellent time management skills, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize
- Solid business acumen