Customer Service Supervisor I
Consumer & Customer Care
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
In a customer engagement setting, Customer Service Supervisors supervise
and assist customer service representatives in the performance of their job
duties, such as responding to customer inquiries and resolving issues and
The Customer Service Supervisor collaborates and partners, in a remote setting, with other supervisors to drive lifetime consumer brand loyalty and profitable growth through coaching, counseling, training, motivating, and recognizing teams - Supervisory level.
- Oversees the efforts of a team of consumer/customer service representatives plans, directs, supervises, and evaluates their day-to-day operations.
- The CSS is responsible for the growth and development of Customer Service Representatives. This is accomplished by frequent and effective coaching, performance improvement plans and, if necessary, corrective action.
- The CSS manages a team of assigned representatives and ensures they comply with company guidelines particularly related to the quality of service. They monitor and review calls or other correspondence between representatives and customers, and gather pertinent information concerning quality and performance from internal resources. Having collected sufficient data, the CSS conducts frequent coaching sessions to motivate teammates, direct them professionally, and champion performance to meet internal KPIs.
- As products, processes, and systems change (and are updated), the CSS ensures that representatives are informed and coaches their adaptation to ensure smooth transitions and proper alignments.
- The CSS will collect and gather data for a variety of purposes, including resolving customer complaints and inquiries, preparing reports concerning performance and quality measures, and recognition.
- The CSS organizes and oversees the schedules and work of assigned staff.
- CSSs may participate in planning sessions for staffing and budget. They may interview and make recommendations for hiring and promotion opportunities.
- The CSS is expected to participate on project teams as representative of the engagement center with a consumer focus.
- The CSS should come into the role with experience in the customer service field. Generally, at least three years’ experience is necessary to adequately assume this role. Previous supervisory experience is preferred. Remote / Work From Home experience is also preferred.
- The CSS is responsible for the growth and development of team members, department and organizational goals, and performance measures. They take an active approach to continuous improvement and support the work environment by promoting a positive attitude and caring demeanor. CSSs are accountable to provide a safe and healthy work environment.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- The CSS must be a positive, enthusiastic, supportive, and trusted leader for a team of representatives.
- Excellent leadership and managing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual a plus.
- Knowledge of customer service procedures and principles.
- Well organized with attention to detail.Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm and collected when confronted with customer complaints and issues, demonstrating a professional and calm demeanor.Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to coach and mentor customer service representatives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must work well with others in a team environment. Exemplifies professional courtesies and is always polite and courteous.
- Must be able to read and comprehend verbal and written instructions, part numbers, identifying data, and labels.HS diploma or GED required.Progression to this role is based on technical competence and demonstrated ability to understand the external requirements of advice and/or service provided.