Customs Compliance Manager
This position will have responsibility
for assuring that the company’s daily import and export operations are in
compliance with international customs and compliance laws related to
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure corporate-wide compliance with customs, export controls, and other laws affecting international commerce.
- Responsible for selection, supervision, and optimization of third-party customs broker agreements and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all NAFTA and other pertinent FTA and trade preference programs regulations and requirements.
- Accountable for ensuring import and export operations remain in adherence with Anti-Dumping and Countervailing Duty (ADD / CVD) orders, and reporting of such.
- Work with Engineering and Purchasing during the development phase of product to ensure Electrolux is maximizing on duty rates, trade agreements, and preferential tariff agreements.
- Manage programs and activities to participate in and benefit from special U.S. Customs trade programs such as C-TPAT, FAST, Container Security Initiative, etc.
- Determine and report to U.S. Customs any tooling, other assists and/or indirect payments purchased for, or supplied to, an overseas vendor for use in manufacturing an imported item.
- Implement and monitor duty savings program (e.g., GSP, HTS Item 9802, NAFTA, FTA, Duty Drawback, etc.) and manage
- Customs clearance activities ensuring accuracy in Customs reporting for imported merchandise, that conditionally free or special tariff classification/provisions are applied on all qualifying imports and that a reliable system or program is established to ensure that the required value information is obtained.
- Responsible for maintaining and optimizing process and procedures to ensure Electrolux is compliant with 10+2 security filing requirements.
- Act as liaison between Electrolux management and legal counsel, both inside and outside, for all import and export operations matters.
- In conjunction with operating units, evaluate implementation of self-entry filing.
- Oversee maintenance of a record keeping system for all import and export documentation and ensuring that record keeping requirements are satisfied for all required records.
- Oversee and audit corporate C-TPAT programs for US, Mexican and Canadian operations (if applicable).
- Ensure that all imported items are properly classified in accordance with Customs Harmonized Tariff System.
- Continuously improve Electrolux’s import/export compliance business processes.
- Review and approval of brokerage invoices.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
- At least ten years business experience including five or more years’ experience in international trade and customs compliance, preferably in a multi-national environment.
Broker’s License desired
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated knowledge of US Customs regulations; Harmonized Tariff System; and US Customs Audit, ISA, ACE, and C-TPAT programs.
- Hands-on Customs brokerage experience including the filing of 7501s, 3461s, and self-filing experience (preferred).
- In-depth understanding of international transportation.
- Excellent ability in both written and oral communication.
- Proven ability to lead collaboration across functional lines to successfully complete projects and meet corporate objectives.
to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands
to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to
stand. The employee must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and
ability to adjust focus. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions of the job.
This position works in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasional travel may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.