This position will have responsibility for assisting in activities and functions involving compliance with Customs rules and regulations and providing operational support on imports and exports for the Electrolux Dishcare/Corporate/Home Care Products Business Units.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in conjunction with the Trade Compliance Operations Manager-U.S. and the Manager, Customs Compliance-U.S. to ensure corporate-wide compliance with customs regulations, export controls and other laws affecting international commerce.
- Assist with determining correct Harmonized Tariff Schedule classifications for purchased and manufactured models and products.
- Work with customs brokers, freight forwarders and other links in the Electrolux Supply Chain to ensure timely clearance of shipments.
- Responsible for auditing and logging brokerage invoices and entry packets to ensure that they are complete and constructed in the proper order as mandated by the broker’s SOP...
- Enter all entry packet data elements into a shared Excel spreadsheet which is used to log all import entries at each location for data and record keeping purposes and populate payment approval spreadsheet.
- Verify the accuracy of the information declared on the Customs Entry Summary (CF 7501) including the Harmonized Tariff Schedule number, description, importer of record number, country of origin, duty rate, AD/CVD case numbers, Special Program Indicator (SPI) and entered value and work with the Trade Compliance Operations Manager-U.S. and the Manager, Customs Compliance-U.S. to facilitate corrections as needed.
- Utilize Global Trade Management Software for input of HTS classification, reporting, and auditing.
- Work with Trade Compliance Operations Manager-U.S. and the Manager, Customs Compliance-U.S. to reconcile discrepancies between purchase order, invoice, 7501, and payment.
- Log and distribute CBP bills and maintain spreadsheet with resolution details.
- As needed coordinate with Purchasing to obtain appropriate foreign supplier information, drawings & item details, pricing documents, and any other information needed to facilitate compliant trade.
- Support Trade Compliance Operations Manager-U.S. and the Manager, Customs Compliance-U.S. during value reconciliation process by auditing and gathering supporting documentation to ensure proper value was declared to U.S. Customs & Border Protection (“CBP”) and that tooling and indirect payments have been properly accounted for and declared.
- Maintain all necessary and applicable records required by CBP for all import/export transactions as detailed in the “(a)(1)(A) list”, referenced in 19 CFR Appendix to Part 163.
- Create and maintain export shipping documents when necessary.
- Assist in all activities and documentation related to maintaining compliance requirements for Free Trade Agreements, Special Preference Programs, and other government agencies as pertaining to import and export.
- Assist with solicitation efforts related to the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT) annual security profile review.
- Support the Trade Compliance Operations Manager-U.S. and the Manager, Customs Compliance-U.S. to continuously improve Electrolux’s import/export compliance business processes by identifying key opportunities for continuous process improvements and implementing solutions to eliminate identified compliance deficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of two years experience in international trade and customs compliance or supply chain, preferably in a multi-national environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Word.
- Excellent ability in both written and oral communication.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of how organizations function and how to get things done through formal and informal channels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. Customs regulations and Harmonized Tariff System is essential.
In-depth understanding of international transportation preferred.