Data Center Operator (Weekend Night Shfit)
A REGULAR DAY
AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Data Center Operator oversees all IT environments across NA, from the central monitoring site in the Electrolux North America Data Center. The operator supervises systems and identifies, logs, and reports issues to the IT management team. Operators perform precautionary system maintenance to ensure that the center’s systems and network are functioning well. The operator will follow standard operating policies and procedures to ensure work processes are executed efficiently and as per schedule.
- Coordinate with other support personnel to guarantee that uptime is maximized so that the data center can provide quality services. Uptime is monitored via multiple monitoring systems to increase optimization.
- Carry out procedures needed to maintain data, transactions, and reports from systems; supporting administrators and end users; maintaining turnover log, reviewing, and adhering to documented processes.
- Performing user administration tasks, such as performing backups and file restores, and monitoring activity and access of the data center and its operations section to ensure that there is compliance of security policies.
- Assumes the primary role of Help Desk support technician after normal business hours, weekends, and as a backup during the normal business day.
- Tasks including but not limited to installing and configuring software systems and computer hardware, interacting with clients through phone or chat to help them set up systems, or troubleshooting issues and documenting user calls via Service Now ticketing system.
- Completing basic troubleshooting on network or server equipment when necessary.
- Working with external parties/vendors to get restoration of services they provide.
- Responsible for handling all severity 1 & 2 incidents from start to finish.
- Lead meetings via conference call or via a conference room; leading the meeting, managing meeting content, timing, actions, and follow-up from the meeting.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to work weekend night shift Wednesdays through Saturdays (7:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.)
- High School Diploma required, Associates degree preferred.
- CompTIA or equivalent Certification, preferred.
- 2+ years of experience as a computer operator or system analyst, preferred.
- 1+ experience with Wintel servers or Cisco networks, preferred.
- 1+ years of experience/skills with IBM AS400 iSeries platforms and utilities (command line), preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows 7 & Windows 10, preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; including O365.
- Proficient in leading meetings.
- Demonstrate problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to train end users and other team members.
- Service Now or equivalent ticketing system experience, preferred.