REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
We are looking for an experienced data engineer to be part of the North America Data Management team, a key enabler of the company’s digital agenda. In this role, you will be a critical member of the team as we embark this transformation.
- Design and build Data Lake and data warehouse solutions on Azure using batch and streaming data pipelines.
- Develop and implement data engineering best practices while balancing availability, throughput, quality, and cost constraints.
- Deliver high quality processes, functionalities, and tools to improve data analytics solution capabilities. Proof of Concepts, prototypes, and production.
- Evangelize modern data engineering approaches and best practices-based software development.
- Design and Implement DevOps techniques including code repositories, build and deployment automation.
- Automate where appropriate to gain efficiencies.
- Keep current on new technologies, standards, and practices.
- Mentor resources on the data engineering team.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum two years of hands on data engineering experience in Azure or AWS.
- Advanced SQL, ELT, data engineering skills.
- Solid command of one or more of: Java, Scala, Python, or other object oriented programming language
- Deep understanding of data structures and database technologies.
- Experience developing streaming and batch data pipelines for both Cloud and Hybrid infrastructures.
- Experience with Azure (or AWS equivalent) Data Lake, Data Factory, Synapse, and/or Databricks is preferred
- Experience with streaming data technology and uses, e.g.: Kafka/Kinesis, Spark Streaming, Druid, and/or ElasticSearch, etc. is preferred
- Experience with good software engineering practices: have working experience with modern tools such as Github, Jira, Jenkins, and other build automation tools is preferred
- Comfortable in various operating systems Linux, Windows, etc.
- Willingness to be part of a greenfield solution built from the ground up and challenge the status quo.
- Experience in cloud solution design.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with remote teams.
- Ability to teach others.