Data Engineer – Platform
Data Engineer - Platform
At Electrolux we have a greater purpose than launching the latest product or technology. We want to improve the everyday lives of millions in a sustainable way. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
We are now looking to employ Data Engineers to strengthen our Data Science Team
The challenge - As an enterprise producing millions of appliances each year and counting more than 50.000 employees, Electrolux is already generating massive amounts of data in hundreds of systems across the globe from sales to sensors in factory robots or smart home appliances. And with an explosion of IoT devices just around the corner, these data volumes are growing.
The team - The Electrolux Global Data Science team supports business functions across the entire company and helps them turning raw data into valuable insights and actions. The team is a key enabler to support the company’s digital transformation. It takes the role of being the center of excellence for data handling and advanced analytics within the company.
The role - As a Data Engineer you are expected to engage in either a platform engineering role (doing solution design and implementation of stream processing, ETL and pipeline automation toolchains) or a delivery engineering role (configuring data flows from source systems to the data lake and/or various lakeshore access layer stacks).
If your focus lies on platform engineering, you will:
• Drive the platform engineering role for the Electrolux Global Data Platform, made up of a combination of cloud and on-premises components.
• Identify, design, and maintain tools and technologies (vendor-specific, in-house, open-source) used by the team.
Independent on focus, you are also expected to:
• Identify and contribute to the best practices and design-patterns in the data related to data engineering and data asset management.
• Work in established project management frameworks including Scrum (Agile/Kanban), Atlassian Stack (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket etc.)
• Wide experience of using data ingestion/engineering tools (both code-based and drag and drop ETL, data wrangling, data quality, warehousing, etc.).
• Solid programming experience of Scala or Python, preferably in an Apache Spark setup.
• Solid experience of working in cloud (preferably Azure, but AWS/GCP also relevant).
• Good understanding of data structures and database technologies.
• Experience with CI/CD and good software practices such as version control (git).
• Ability to manage multiple, changing priorities while working effectively in a joint team.
• Strong personal drive, fast learner, technology agnostic, pragmatic.
• Fluent in English, any other language is a plus.
• B.Sc. in Computer Science (or equivalent).
• As we are currently using Azure Databricks as one of our key technologies, any previous experience of Databricks would be highly relevant, but it is not mandatory.
• Experience of open source/open standards for data handling such as Hive, Cassandra, Kubernetes/Docker Drill, EMR/HDInsight, etc.
• Experience with streaming data technology such as: Kafka, RabbitMQ etc.
• Experience of architecture/cloud solution design.
• M.Sc. in Computer Science (or equivalent).
What we offer:
Electrolux offers an exciting and challenging job opportunity in an international environment, with a high degree of independence and entrepreneurship. The Electrolux Group provides career opportunities within a global, fast moving, growing yet lean organization. This role will have several touch points globally within the company.
At Electrolux, we have a top management team who are passionate about gender diversity and diversity in general. It’s integral to our Talent process, in how we grow talent. It’s embedded in our initiatives and we have strong metrics to track this. But it’s not just from the top. There is a network called Women at Electrolux operating in six major geographies that generates belief from the grassroots and keeps the topic top of mind. That combination is for us very powerful.
In terms of metrics, we have very clear targets. To get to the right rotation, the right successions, we have to take tangible steps. We push ourselves to find great talents female and male.
Contact person: Maria Redin