Data Lake Operations Lead
Bring it all together. Even better.
At Electrolux we have a greater purpose than launching the latest product or technology. We want to improve the everyday lives of millions in a sustainable way. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
We are now looking to employ a Data Lake Operations Lead to strengthen our Data Science Team
The challenge - As an enterprise producing millions of appliances each year and counting more than 50.000 employees, Electrolux is already generating massive amounts of data in hundreds of systems across the globe from sales to sensors in factory robots or smart home appliances.
The team - The Electrolux Global Data Science team supports business functions across the entire company and helps them turning raw data into valuable insights and actions. The team uses state-of-the-art data science technology and methodology (centered around the Azure cloud platform).
The role - We are looking for a Data Lake Operations Lead to manage a team of DevSecOps engineers and data engineers that are engaged in keeping our technical environment and data pipelines up and running and secure, while at the same time continuously making improvements in how we operate.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Managing the daily operations of the technical platform in terms of monitoring the system, diagnosing/fixing issues, on-/offboarding of users and such.
• Managing the entire lifecycle process for the data pipelines that feed the data science tech environment (putting them into production, monitoring, change management…).
• Engaging with stakeholders concerning the establishment of Service Level Agreements, as well as ensuring that agreed SLAs are met for incidents and service requests.
• Driving continuous improvement/automation concerning the technical platform tasks.
• Driving continuous improvement when it concerns security and disaster recovery.
• Minimum five years of hands on IT/Data Lake operations experience of running cloud-based data operations (preferably in an Azure environment).
• Experience of driving Continuous Improvement and Service Monitoring.
• Self-motivated, fast learner, technology agnostic, pragmatic.
• Fluent in English, any other language is a plus.
• Ability to work from our Stockholm headquarters (“Forum”).
• Previous work experience of leading data engineers or other IT operations technical staff.
• Proven track record in developing highly efficient IT support organizations.
• Experience in building, deploying and operating infrastructure on Azure.
• Experience from roll out of product management practices
• Any exposure to Big Data/Data Science is highly advantageous.
The offer - Electrolux offers an exciting and challenging job opportunity in an international environment, with a high degree of independence and entrepreneurship.
The Electrolux Group provides career opportunities within a global, fast moving, growing yet lean organization. This role will have several touch points within the company.
The company - Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances and appliances for professional use, based on deep consumer insight. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions, developed in close collaboration with professional users. The products include refrigerators, ovens, cookers, hobs, dishwashers, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
We have a top management team who are passionate about gender diversity and diversity in general. It’s integral to our Talent process, in how we grow talent. It’s embedded in our initiatives and we have strong metrics to track this. But it’s not just from the top. There is a network called Women at Electrolux operating in six major geographies that generates belief from the grassroots and keeps the topic top of mind. That combination is for us very powerful.
Contact person: Maria Redin