Open location, Location free
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
We are now looking for a database administrator to manage and administer Oracle & Db2 databases across different platform. You will thrive dealing with emerging technologies ensuring the proper integration into existing systems and procedures.
You’ll have a key role in the modernization of the data center services provided across Electrolux, focusing on the overall delivery with other Data centers in different Business areas.
A TYPICAL DAY
The main responsibilities will be the following:
• Provide support and technical consultancy on Database servers
• Plan and coordinate the installation, customization and updating of related database software components on the database servers
• Work together with application team and assist projects in planning of new database server systems and application implementation to satisfy business requirements
• Assist in system sizing and hardware selection for shared environment and standalone servers for database systems
• Install and configure database server on the preconfigured operating system standalone or on clusters
• Test and install database server service packs and fixes as needed and planned
• Create database maintenance plans and jobs
• Manage DB replication, triggers, indexes, keys, and stored procedures
• Configure data exchange with other systems
• Monitor database server performance
• Monitor database and transaction log growth
• Collect performance traces and log analysis for system trouble shooting
• Protect Electrolux database server systems against security threats (viruses, worms, etc)
• Protect Electrolux database server systems against unauthorized access and data loss
• Manage Database storage and restoration
• Ensure to be complaint with Electrolux Control System (ECS)
• participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation
• Proficiency in Oracle DB systems and related applications like OTM,
eBusiness Suite solutions, preferably on IBM DB2
• High knowledge of Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC)
• Proficiency in Data Analysis
• Experience in supporting large shared Database systems environment.
• Operating system knowledge in windows Server, Linux / AIX
• Advance in cloud-based systems knowledge (e.g. MS Azure, AWS, Oracle) would be a plus
WHO YOU ARE
Communicator. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Flexible. You can manage to change priorities with ease.
Ambitious. You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
Team player. You enjoy and nurture the relationships within your team enabling continuous improvement of our consumer’s experience.
Problem-solving. A passion to deliver a first-class consumer experience
Analytical. With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, prioritize and translate this into meaningful, useful management information
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• University degree in Computer Science or Information Engineering
• At least 3 years’ work experience in Database Administration
• Solid experience in MS Azure and/or AWS in managing Database Services in a hybrid cloud environment
• Ideally Oracle DB certified professional or master
• Experience in MS Windows infrastructure will be an added advantage
• Experience in working with interfaces of different platforms
Required Languages: Fluent English
Availability: on call duty
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.