Datacenter Operator - 3rd Shift (Wed-Sat 6p-5a)
The job of the Data Center Operator entails overseeing all IT environments across NA; from the central monitoring site in the Electrolux North America Data Center. The operator supervises systems and also identifies, logs, and reports issues to the IT management team. Operators perform precautionary system maintenance to ensure that the center’s systems and network are functioning well. The operator will follow standard operating policies and procedures, so that work processes are executed efficiently and as per schedule.
The Data Center operators are responsible for handling all severity 1 & 2 incidents from start to finish including, but not limited to: identifying the impact and severity, notifying appropriate IT management, coordinating all necessary team members, escalations, communicating via appropriate communication channels to appropriate audiences, and providing consistent, thorough, clear and concise information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Data Center operators will coordinate with other support personnel to guarantee that uptime is maximized so that the data center can provide quality services. Uptime is monitored via IBM Tivoli Monitoring suite of tools.
- Operator’s job involves carrying out procedures needed to maintain data, transactions, and reports from systems; supporting administrators and end users; maintaining turnover log, reviewing and adhering to documented processes.
- Other responsibilities include performing user administration tasks, such as performing backups and file restores, and monitoring activity and access of the data center and its operations section to ensure that there is compliance of security policies.
- DCO operators assumes the primary role of Help Desk support technician after normal business hours, weekends and as a backup during the normal business day.
- Included tasks, but not limited to are installing and configuring software systems and computer hardware, interacting with clients through phone or chat to help them set up systems or troubleshoot issues and document user calls via Service Now ticketing system.
- The Data Center operators are responsible for handling all severity 1 & 2 incidents from start to finish including, but not limited to: gathering all necessary and accurate information of the impacted systems, applications and users, notifying appropriate IT management, coordinating all necessary support team members, communicating via appropriate communication channels to appropriate audiences, and providing consistent, thorough, clear and concise information.
- DCO operators must lead meetings via conference call or via a conference room; leading the meeting, managing meeting content, timing, actions, and follow-up from the meeting.
- DCO operators are responsible for ensuring all on call rosters are up to date and escalate to management if they are not.
- Assist in development and implementation of policies and procedures for the Data Center Operating environment
- Actively build cross-functional and cross-competence collaboration within and outside the area of responsibility
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times and streamline processes to provide quality business service.
- High School Diploma
- 2+ years of experience in IT industry
- 2+ years of experience as a computer operator or system analyst
- 1+ exp Wintel servers or Cisco networks
- 1+ years of experience/skills with IBM AS400 iSeries platforms and utilities (command line)
- Excellent customer service skills to work effectively with users and vendors
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communication to various levels in the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows 7 & Windows 10
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; including O365
- Proficient in leading meetings
- Demonstrate problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work well with other people in a team oriented environment
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to train end users and other team members
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES PREFERRED
- College experience
- Help Systems Robot products or equivalent experience
- AS/400 experience
- Service Now or equivalent ticketing system
- Microsoft Windows Server experience
- Microsoft or Cisco certification (Ex: A+, Network+, CCNA, MSCE, etc.)