Datacenter Operator (Wednesday-Saturday 7:00PM - 5:00AM)
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will oversee all IT environments across North America, from the central monitoring site in the Electrolux Data Center. You will supervise systems and identify, log, and report issues to the IT management team. You will perform precautionary system maintenance to ensure that the center’s systems and network are functioning well. You will also coordinate with other support personnel to guarantee that uptime is maximized so that the data center can provide quality services which is monitored via IBM Tivoli Monitoring suite of tools.
- Operator’s job involves carrying out procedures needed to maintain data, transactions, and reports from systems; supporting administrators and end users; maintaining turnover log, reviewing and adhering to documented processes.
- Performing user administration tasks, such as performing backups and file restores, and monitoring activity and access of the data center and its operations section to ensure that there is compliance of security policies.
- DCO operators assume the primary role of Help Desk support technician after normal business hours, weekends and as a backup during the normal business day.
- Installing and configuring software systems and computer hardware, interacting with clients through phone or chat to help them set up systems or troubleshoot issues and document user calls via Service Now ticketing system.
- Responsible for handling all severity 1 & 2 incidents from start to finish including, but not limited to: gathering all necessary and accurate information of the impacted systems, applications and users, notifying appropriate IT management, coordinating all necessary support team members, communicating via appropriate communication channels to appropriate audiences, and providing consistent, thorough, clear and concise information.
- Assist in development and implementation of policies and procedures for the Data Center Operating environment
WHO YOU ARE:
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem-solving skills to reassuring customers.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You nurture and develop the relationships that implement innovation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma
- 2+ years of experience in IT industry
- 2+ years of experience as a computer operator or system analyst using either Wintel servers or Cisco networks
- 1+ years of experience/skills with IBM AS400 iSeries platforms and utilities (command line)
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows 7 & Windows 10
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; including O365