Datacenter Systems Operator
*Strong Candidate Identified*
This position is responsible for daily management and proactive monitoring of enterprise level systems including Environmental levels of the Data Center and Fire suppression systems. Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly Data Center operational functions. The operator is the first line of defense for incident and problem management. This position works weekends and night shifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for monitoring all system status IE: Windows, AS/400, AIX, Linux, MPLS WAN Networks, Switches, and Routers.
- Manages system backups and batch processing IE Robot Scheduler, Save, TSM, and Tivoli Scheduler.
- Coordinates and communicates with all responsible parties and user groups for major system outages, notifications, and enterprise updates.
- Assist customers and other IT personnel (1st level support).
- Address or escalate any critical alerts via automated notifications or by manual monitoring.
- Follow problem escalation procedures to address issues in a timely manner.
- Contact and work with 3rd party vendors and global users.
- Operators must be able to communicate to all levels of leadership both verbally and written.
- Required High School Diploma, some college preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in IT industry
- 1+ exp Wintel servers or Cisco networks
- 2+ years of experience as a computer operator or system analyst
- 1+ years of experience/skills with IBM AS400 iSeries platforms and utilities (command line)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows 7/10 and Microsoft Office suites a plus
- Microsoft Windows Server experience a plus
- Help Systems Robot products or equivalent experience a plus
- Some AS/400 experience a plus
- Service Now