A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
As a Demand Planner you will
be responsible for managing and developing the Canadian customer demand plan for the Canada Region to maximize revenue
opportunities through improved strategic analysis and recommendations. You will
use cross-functional interactions, historical data analysis, customer data,
market trends and statistical projections to develop the most accurate and
up-to-date demand plan.
In this role you will work with internal Sales, Merchandising and Marketing teams as well as our customers to ensure that all promotions and new initiatives (events) are captured in the demand plan. A continuous improvement focus will be utilized to ensure that the planning accuracy is at optimal levels while communicating to appropriate functions when the plans change. The demand plan will be used to develop supporting inventory plans that will provide the service levels our customers require while maximizing inventory turns in support of the organizational objectives. In addition to the objectives above, the Demand Planner will be exposed to leadership priorities and strategic initiatives that drive the continuous improvement across all functions of the business. You will also Facilitate the cross-functional connectivity required within the monthly Sales and Operation Planning (S&OP) process meetings in order to gain alignment to the consensus forecast, documenting and publishing forecast rationale and identification of risks and opportunities.
- Develop and manage a forward looking (24 Months) aggregated demand plan at a SKU location level for Canada
- Collaborate with customers on promotions and inventory management and communicate risk and opportunities to the internal organization as a whole as needed
- Participate in the monthly consensus forecast alignment process while acting as an internal advocate for Canada
- Evaluate and incorporate market trends in demand plan analysis where appropriate and review and publish monthly channel forecast and organizational demand plan metrics
- Work with finance to properly account for demand when building financials including Canadian progressives.
- Collaborate with Canadian replenishers and help set weeks of supply targets by SKU
- Perform monthly root cause analysis to identify sources of controllable forecast error and mitigate in future forecasts
- Continuously improve demand plan accuracy and connectivity across the supply chain to ensure customer order service levels and inventory turns objectives are met
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- BA/BS degree required with preferred emphasis on Supply Chain Management, Business or related field
- 3-5 Years of experience with supply chain planning and/or demand & inventory planning
- Understanding of how supply/demand planning impacts other functions of the business
- Advanced computer software skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Pivot tables)
- Understanding of statistical concepts and how/when to apply
- Prior forecasting, modeling and demand planning experience - experience with statistical forecasting (SAS FAW/DDPO solution)
- Forecasting certification (IIF, IBFetc…