Demand Planner II
As a Demand Planner you will be responsible for managing and developing the organizational demand plan for one of the organizations sales channels to maximize revenue opportunities through improved strategic analysis and recommendations. You will use cross-functional interactions, historical data analysis, customer data, market trends and statistical projections to develop the most accurate and up-to-date demand plan.
A continuous improvement focus will be utilized to ensure that the planning accuracy is at optimal levels while communicating to appropriate functions when the plans change. The demand plan will be used to develop supporting inventory plans that will provide the service levels our customers require while maximizing inventory turns in support of the organizational objectives.
In addition to the objectives above, the Demand Planner will be exposed to leadership priorities and strategic initiatives that drive the continuous improvement across all functions of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and manage a forward looking (24 Months) aggregated demand plan at a SKU location level for specific Sales channel(s)
- Work with internal Sales and Marketing teams as well as our customers to ensure that all promotions and new initiatives (events) are captured in the demand plan
- Collaborate with customers on promotions and inventory management and communicate risk & opportunities to the internal organization as a whole as needed.
- Participate in the monthly consensus forecast alignment process while acting as an internal advocate for the Sales Channel(s) you represent
- Evaluate and incorporate market trends in demand plan analysis where appropriate
- Facilitate the cross-functional connectivity required within the monthly Sales and Operation Planning (S&OP) process meetings in order to gain alignment to the consensus forecast, documenting and publishing forecast rationale and identification of risks and opportunities
- Perform monthly root cause analysis to identify sources of controllable forecast error and mitigate in future forecasts
- Review and publish monthly channel forecast and organizational demand plan metrics
- Continuously improve demand plan accuracy and connectivity across the supply chain to ensure customer order service levels and inventory turns objectives are met
- BA/BS degree required with preferred emphasis on Supply Chain Management, Business or related field
- 3-5 Years of experience with supply chain planning and/or demand & inventory planning
- Understanding of how supply/demand planning impacts other functions of the business
- Advanced computer software skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Pivot tables)
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment
- Capability to work independently in a fast paced lean organization and be extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal
working relationships with internal customers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Proven ability to think analytically
- Capability to manage multiple tasks/projects, priorities and deadlines
- Understanding of statistical concepts and how/when to apply
- Self-motivated with positive attitude
- Prior forecasting, modeling and demand planning experience
- Experience in creating and giving presentations at various levels of management
- Experience with statistical forecasting (SAS FAW/DDPO solution)
- Forecasting certification (IIF, IBF etc…)