Demand Planning Manager
Responsible for forecasting, scheduling and monitoring local and imported finished products in order to make them available to sales team and to the final customers and consumers with the minimum investment in inventory.
Minimize the investment in inventory in order to contribute to the improving of the Electrolux Net Operating Working Capital (NOWC).
Integrated Launch starts from design-stage and extends till delivery to customer. It is cross-functional company-wide process that links Product Line, R&D, Purchasing, INDOP – Inbound, Logistics, SCM – Demand planning and Customer Service.
Key success measure is to have “On Time Launch” along with reduced “Time to Market”.
A Typical Day
- Demand Planning
1. Leading demand planning team to ensure high level of forecast accuracy and guarantee product availability in order to capture market opportunities.
2. Optimization NOWC by working on inventory management with collaboration with Sales, Product managers, Finance, Supply chain & Warehousing.
3. Leading all related activities of next year Budget volumes by Identifying the seasonality of each product group and product mix within each family through discussing the market demand, pricing, promotions, new launches time plan & impact applying the organization strategy & objectives so at the end we guarantee high level of demand accuracy and factories supply sustainably.
4. Leading the monthly S&OP process for Egypt Sales division in order to stand on the final sales volumes for 18 months rolling horizon by working with Sales, Product line, Financial controllers & country Managing director:
• Monthly Generation & Reviewing of 12 months rolling baseline forecast calculations with Demand team based on statistical modules, sales history and demand team experience.
• Organizing & Leading a monthly meeting with Product managers & Sales heads in order to align the sales input & proposed promotions calendar & activities for the following 4 months horizon.
• Participate in the sales review meeting where all sales regional managers present their market & sales updates, competition news, market opportunities & challenges.
• Identifying all potential sales volume risk & opportunities and working with controlling team to identify the impact of these changes on country EBIT & Net sales.
• Working with Product managers & Sales in depletion of Slow & Nonmoving stocks in order to liquidate stocks affecting inventory value.
5. Built a safety stock calculation module considering all elements affecting forecast and Working regularly on enhancing the process using statistical tools and aligning the updated Service level agreement with supply chain operations team.
6. Leading the communication with 3 local factories and 14 foreign factories (group factories and OEM) in order to secure supply availability with the support of central supply chain teams and Global sourcing organization team.
7. Meeting Bi-weekly with Sales, Product Line head, Local category managers & Supply chain team in order to align supply updates, phase in phase out plans and discuss all foreseen risks and opportunities on supply flow.
8. Managing all OEM (Original equipment manufacturer) process end to end starting from sales forecasting, stock management, supply planning, shipping dates planning, following up with stakeholders on shipping, clearance, costing & warehousing activities until product registered on stock.
9. Facilitating & Leading the Executive S&OP monthly Forum with all related preparation meetings where we present to steering committee of country Managing director, Egypt industrial director & Sector supply chain director in order to present demand & supply results & updates and looking for management directions regarding foreseen opportunities and challenges.
10. Working with product line & sales leaders on enhancing the communication and processes in order to improve the demand accuracy and sustainability targeting maximum financial and strategic benefit of available portfolio.
11. Continuous development of the Demand planning process & Team which support maintaining high forecast accuracy, healthier inventory capital utilization & high level of product availability which are the main KPIs.
- Supply Chain Launch Planning
1. Develop 12 months rolling forecast for new launches.
2. Check predecessor finish good level and develop a phase out plan.
3. Assess imported product's supplier readiness together with global sourcing team GSO in order to match the agreed phase in plan.
4. Manage the activation of new Product codes on all related system & tools.
5. Updating supply plan with new imported items.
6. Manage reflection of updated phase in phase out plan on system.
7. Work together with category managers on needed product lifecycle extension.
8. Participate in " Market impact " lessons learned session for future development.
9. Participate in all necessary meetings/ follow ups, including weekly factory Phase in meeting.
10. Provide expertise in S&OP, Demand Planning & Supply Planning.
11. Operational engagements with sales companies & factories.
12. Supports in implementation journey of process & systems.
In this role, you will be dealing with Electrolux’s Internal & External customers. You should be confident in dealing with leaders both from a country level and region level perspective.
In Electrolux, we encourage open communication at all levels and put emphasis in dealing with our customers as well as colleagues with integrity and respect. You will be working in (HQ 5th Settlement, Cairo, Egypt) on regular working hours and may be required to travel both domestic and international.
Who You Are
For you to succeed in this role, you should be:
- Innovative – You know your stuff and apply your knowledge and new ways of thinking to innovate new ways of working.
- Results-driven. Maximizing efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives. The rest is a bonus.
- Agile – You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- Collaborative – You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
You are expected to participate in special projects as requested by Electrolux management either as required by the business and/or as part of your career development plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Production Engineering, Business Management, Foreign Trade, Statistics, etc.
- Post-graduation – Desirable in Logistics and supply chain.
- Strong knowledge of S&OP and MRP techniques and planning systems.
- MS Office advanced.
- Advanced English.
- Available for international travels