Design Lead – Design Research
Design Lead – Design Research
Please notice that the position can be based either in location Stockholm (Sweden) or Charlotte (USA).
We are looking for an inspiring, creative, structured and strategic design leader that has the experience to functionally lead Design Research & Strategy Design within Electrolux. The successful individual will work in close collaboration with the global Design Leadership Group to strengthen our forward-looking, humanity-centered innovation and experience development.
You will work in close partnership with our Consumer Insight Team and support the Consumer Experience Innovation Team across the Consumer Experience Areas Taste, Care & Wellbeing.
You will operationally & functionally report to Chief Design Officer, Electrolux Group.
DESIGN AT ELECTROLUX
Design at Electrolux is a global community of 200 multi-disciplinary professionals operating in over 7 locations worldwide. We design meaningful and sustainable consumer experiences (products, services and interactions) in tight partnership with the different Business Areas. We strive for a Global mindset, integral success and our approach, Human Touch, is iterative, research based and collaborative.
At Electrolux, Design Research collects, analyzes, and synthesizes the relevant evidence of people's current and shifting needs and desires. It provides the logical structure to analyze real-life phenomena in the understanding of the what of human experience and the why of their behavior to spark and distill insights and foresights. The prime focus is on trends and lead users for the purpose of the design innovation process.
THE OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE
To lead Design Research across the organization both in regard to capability development of the overall design team as well as driving research programs that require specialist resources. The prime focus is on trends and lead users to uncover current and emerging needs and desires, to fuel the design innovation process with meaningful foresights and insights.
Connect to and translate the business strategy, leveraging design thinking methodologies, integrate a holistic approach to identify the most optimum solution to a given problem
Scope upstream design projects in a way that can be translated into project plans, research activities and programs, budgets and resources etc. Ensuring the alignment between project objectives and project research activities taking into consideration multi-disciplinary perspective and potential implications.
Set the direction for design research projects. Be responsible for the creation and the execution of the research, including the sensemaking that follows
Clearly communicate research findings with a strategic voice to different audiences through visually compelling presentations, story-telling and workshop facilitation skills.
What type of Design Leader are you?
• You have significant experience using human-centered design research methodologies.
• You are an expert researcher and a specialist in your field, you adopt or develop new research methods that increase the relevance of design research
• You are a skilled creative facilitator and experience with a wide set of tools
• You are able to evaluate required research and trend capabilities, create and organize relevant competence development trainings
• You have deep knowledge of emerging research approaches and ways of presenting findings that are meaningful for designers throughout the design process
• You know the value of collecting, structuring, analyzing and visualizing data
• You are able to frame the problem and take charge of the brief.
• You have a proven and recognized sense for value.
• You take a strategic and holistic approach to design.
• You are used to a global playing field and able to work across multiple brands, geographic business areas and various design teams around the globe
• You are able to build a strong network and collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the organization
• You have a natural affiliation for people and an inquisitive mindset
• You constantly inspire, coach and educate designers, peers and other leaders in a way that inspires change.
• You are ambitious and truly motivated to perform.
• Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field.
• 10+ years’ relevant experience in the field of research-based Strategy Design
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong negotiation and persuasion skills with sense for corporate politics.
• Flexible leadership style, cultural sensitivity and ability to adapt to different cultures and environments.
• Willingness to travel.
• Fluent in English. Other languages are a benefit.
Contact person: Sara Vigliotti