Design Lead, Software Product, Taste
Turn ideas into reality. Globally.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Turn ideas into reality. Globally.
At Electrolux we have a greater purpose than launching the latest product or technology. We want to improve the everyday lives of millions in a sustainable way. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
We are looking for a design lead to join a tech, design and product leadership triangle who lead a cross functional, agile development team that build mobile apps for domestic appliances. Historically the appliance industry has been all about hardware. Your role would be to help us combine software with hardware to create meaningful, data driven experiences for global consumers.
• Provide inspiration, direction, and mentorship for a small team of designers focused on the Taste product category while balancing consideration for all product categories
• Deliver excellent UX to our customers, along with iterative updates, that delivers on the holistic software product vision via prioritized backlog items, hypothesis and user stories
• Build strong relationships and ways of working with design, content, business, and engineering partners inside and outside the core team to efficiently deliver software products that are inclusive of the diverse needs of our users and represent our brands
• Foster design and research culture in an Agile development environment
• Are fascinated by food culture and creating connected experiences for the kitchen
• Are a fluent digital storyteller
• Can keep the big picture in mind whilst working with designers to craft the details
• Are able to connect the dots between insights, strategy and conceptual direction
• Are experienced with localization and accessibility best practices
• Can lead constructive design critiques with designers and cross-disciplinary partners
• Use empathy, logic, as well as quantitative data and qualitative insights to evaluate and improve content
• Enjoy the challenges of a Build-Measure-Learn environment
• Are comfortable with organizational ambiguity and change
• Always interact with integrity and honesty
• 8+ years of experience with end-to-end consumer product design
• Experience of, or interest in, designing voice first user experiences
• Solid understanding of iOS and Android design guidelines and UX principles
• Excellent command of standard design applications such as Adobe Suite and Zeplin
• Good spoken and written English
• An online portfolio, or PDF, that shows a range of your work
At Electrolux, we take responsibility for our development in a supportive environment where we embrace our differences and learn from each other. In a truly multicultural setting, we shape living for the better and create remarkable experiences for employees and consumers, all around the globe.
Contact person: Sara Lasio