Design Lead, UX Research
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
User Experience (UX) Researchers work to answer the most challenging questions in design. In this role, you will reveal what our users need from our products by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users, and working with teams of Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and others to develop new features. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering exciting oral, written and visual presentations about our findings. Most importantly, your job as a researcher is to help the UX team understand what would make a user’s experiences feel more intuitive, accessible, fun—and even magical.
In this newly created design leadership role, you will use your research, systems thinking, landscape mapping and service design skills to support the strategy, development, and evaluation of many different offerings globally. You'll help to scope and understand the problem space, define the service ecology, and build a foundational knowledge of users. You'll be addressing intellectually demanding product and systems, problems and translating what you learn into impactful models and artifacts that create alignment across product, engineering, and design teams.
With considerable experience, you evaluate all the features contributing to user experience, providing expertise, collaborating internally and occasionally leading projects. You contribute new processes and identify product and use requirements. While based in Charlotte, you will collaborate with colleagues globally on different initiatives globally.
- Proactively seek out strategic partnerships across the organization at every level and collaborate remotely with our studios in Stockholm, Sweden.; Curitiba, Brazil; and Singapore
- Actively shape and lead design meetings and critiques, fostering an environment of open thinking and growth
- Utilize visual and verbal storytelling to share your discoveries, gather and integrate feedback, influence stakeholders, and create energy for an idea or an initiative. Ultimately, you will co-create the way forward with others
- Apply research-based, design-led approach to scoping and solving complex challenges
- Lead new business explorations, from substantively answering the brief to shaping the engagement and associated commercials
- Scope and plan service design projects, across multiple business areas and functions
- Support teams on service design engagement across a wide variety of contexts with senior management input and guidance
- Lead your own service design projects, including qualitative and quantitative user research and gathering and analyzing relevant operational data
- Developing personas, journey maps and service blueprints and running co-design sessions with users to develop solutions
- Testing service concepts and gathering feedback and creating prototypes to test service concepts for a variety of digital and non-digital touchpoints
- Managing frequently complex stakeholder relationships with representatives of multiple disciplines (business, IT, marketing, OX, R&D) including planning and running workshops
- Thinking strategically, to assess how service concepts meet strategic, commercial, policy goals, and fit within relevant constraints
- Mentor and develop other designers, to grow the capabilities of the team and communicate project updates and present service design outputs to senior stakeholders
- Embed accessibility, sustainability, and ethical factors throughout research and design and champion design-led service transformation, and the design process as a whole
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Learning Sciences, Statistics, Psychology, related field, or equivalent practical experience (Master’s degree in Service Design, Interaction Design, or related design field; or, equivalent work experience preferred)
- Experience in an applied research setting, including experience integrating user research into product designs and strategy
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams (visual, interaction, UX research, engineering, UX writer) on technical implementation
- Experience with quantitative methods and analytical tools
- Experience managing a UX research team with research skills, knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, and a good understanding of the principles of usability
- Experience with qualitative research methods to produce insights and drive design requirements
- Fluency with visual storytelling and other communication tools that enable you to persuasively communicate findings to a nontechnical audience