Design Lead, UX Writing
Shape living for the better. At globe scale
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this design role you will be part of the team responsible for defining and crafting an overall Connected Appliance UX Design direction across the many different products we design and manufacture.
UX Writers work hand-in-hand with other members of product, marketing, design, and technology teams to bring intuitive products to life. They look for opportunities to connect the dots across product teams and identify key dependencies. Your core mission is to work across different connected products to create thoughtful and thorough user experiences.
Our Lead UX Writer will collaborate with cross-functional product teams to craft intuitive, actionable, and easy-to-understand user experiences by creating short- and long-form content strategy for customer-facing digital products. This includes, but is not limited to: UI microcopy and copy, instructional content, naming conventions, and other elements of the end-to-end user experience.
You will ensure compliance with brand, voice and tone, and style guidance to sustain consistent experiences throughout Electrolux digital products and channels. The Lead UX Writer also contributes to the development and iteration of content and content strategy standards, best practices, and processes through quantitative and qualitative testing and analysis of Electrolux experiences as well as remaining current on developments in the UX writing and content strategy disciplines outside of Electrolux. While based in Singapore, you will collaborate with colleagues globally on different initiatives globally.
A Typical Day
- Shape the tone, language, and design system for Electrolux products and services globally
- Work on feature development, naming, user flows, product logic, and education
- Contribute to and implement style guides and shared nomenclature across Electrolux services
- Converge customer goals, business requirements, and brand values
- Boil down complex systems into coherent, concise, and compelling interface copy
- Collaborate with designers to uncover and solve UI challenges
- Address feedback and improve performance of our content
- Spend time with QA, legal, and localization teams to ensure content appears properly and accurately for every audience
- Work with cross-functional partners and senior leadership to understand the boundaries of what’s possible, and pushing from there
Who You Are
- You work in, and encourage, cross-collaboration leveraging diversity and open feedback
- You are good at communicating concepts, design and ideas to stakeholders at all levels, in different shapes depending on the context
- You have previously demonstrated time management, communication and prioritization skills: you thrive managing several different projects
- You understand and react to change and are capable to adapt to business and organizational needs
- You are a systems thinker by nature with an ability to zoom in and out as necessary
- Act with integrity, honesty and morale
- Bring a growth mindset
- Are a strong internal and external communicator
- Are a true team player
- Are creative and meticulous
- 8+ years’ experience working with UX copy or other forms of interactive writing
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Have an unrelenting passion for user-focused product experiences
- Can distil complex technical requirements into effortless interactions that champion user privacy and security
- Develop well-informed points of view, while also remaining willing to adjust them based on input from others
- Can write from scratch, edit existing copy, and think beyond the written word with input from multiple team members
- Comfortable managing several projects simultaneously
- Deliver passionate and impactful presentations at all levels of an organization
- Like dreaming about positively affecting the lives of millions of people, and like waking up the responsibilities that come with that
- Exceptional writing, communication, and presentation skills with extraordinary attention to detail that includes superior editing and proofreading skills and advanced knowledge of industry-standard style guides such as AP Stylebook or Microsoft Writing Style Guide.
- Demonstrable professional experience crafting digital UX journeys, including writing for different use-case scenarios on complex digital products such as global websites or major software applications, and applying consistent style, brand, and voice/tone across multiple communication channels and products.
- Ability to identify critical insights through analysis of quantitative and qualitative data or trendspotting, and to organize them into actionable strategies and tactics that can scale across multiple communications and technology disciplines.
- Ability to effectively project-manage and juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced, collaborative, deadline-driven environment.
- A portfolio that showcases relevant UX writing and content strategy examples from your professional experience.