Design Portfolio Lead
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
At Electrolux, design is a global function with around 150 design professionals in seven locations worldwide. We are a diverse studio with a great mix of experience and emerging talent. Our goal is to design meaningful and sustainable consumer experiences (products, services and interactions) in tight partnership with a wide variety of stakeholders across the Electrolux organization. We take a user-focused approach, acting as a strong advocate for the consumer’s needs throughout the end to end journey of the brand experience. We strive for a Global mindset while collaborating across multiple countries and business areas. Our design approach, Human Touch, is iterative, research based and collaborative.
The role of Design Portfolio Lead supports the Design Director in oversight of all Electrolux group design projects for the North American Design Studio. This is an excellent opportunity for a resourceful and detail-oriented individual with the energy and creativity to deliver structured planning and operational rigor for a vibrant and multi-talented international award-winning design team.
- Portfolio management for Electrolux group design projects across all categories including project scoping, budgeting, resource planning, and tracking of activities to ensure projects are completed on time, within an approved budget, to stated business goals and objectives
- Collaboration with design leads and program managers to track project deliverables and prepare standard reports for project resources and prototype cost
- Identify and resolve project roadblocks whilst collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure smooth progress of designs through key project checkpoints in our Electrolux Project Management tracker and maintain clear protocols and standards to ensure key milestones are met
- Design team lead for work management systems such as Workfront and 10,000ft., tracking actual time writing data against planned resource allocations
- Estimating and maintaining the Electrolux Design team budget for North America in collaboration with Product Line Team and Design leadership
- Ensure shifting business priorities translate into realistic budget targets and with that enabling conditions and tangible actions
- Working with external vendors to confirm contract and legal documents including IP and collaborate with the Design Model Shop in supplier liaison, purchasing, coordination and delivery of 3D modelling requirements
- Support the onboarding and offboarding process for interns and new hires including IT relations and mentorship towards an overall positive experience
- Maintaining external vendor relations for UX/UI including App and UI story planning
- Understand the ambition for the Design studio, both regarding the physical and digital space working in close collaboration with facility management and IT business partner
WHO YOU ARE:
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- You are open to opportunity and can see the bigger picture, keeping consumers and colleagues front of mind as you embrace the opportunities that our diversity offers.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area eg. design, business, communication
- 3-5 years of process/project management experience. Knowledge of Agile processes beneficial
- Creative studio/agency experience beneficial
- Fluent in English. Other languages are a benefit
- Knowledge of design methods, tools and processes beneficial
- Experience of work management systems such as Workfront and 10,000ft beneficial