Designer, Industrial Design
Mascot, New South Wales
We're on a quest to improve everyday life for millions of people and the world around us. To reinvent the way we cook, clean, and care. It is embodied in everything we do. Every idea, product and human interaction. The trend hunters who want to revolutionise the fashion industry. The foodies who strive to make taste an experience. The health enthusiasts who search for ways to make our environment even cleaner and brighter for today and the future.
Join us to create solutions and experiences that enrich daily lives and the health of our planet. We need you!
In your role as an Industrial Designer for Electrolux you are tasked to create best in class consumer experiences in the areas of Taste, Care and Wellbeing. You will be working at the intersection of physical and digital design, considering the user experience in the broadest possible terms.
The Industrial Designer understands a problem to the fullest extent using a variety of methods and tools, then crafts a solution that is technically feasible, consumer desirable, and financially viable.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team that will design the future of Electrolux in products, accessories, consumables and services.
A Typical Day
While you’ll be working across many functions, product lines and projects, at all stages of a product lifecycle, your brief is always the same: make it better. To do that, you’ll persuade the stakeholders, collaborate with the experts and create experiences that bring dreams to life every day. It’s a hands on, make it happen role that offers all the freedom you need to bring design to life around the world.
Who You Are
For you to succeed in this role, you should be:
- Creative - You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- Self-starting - With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
- Curious - You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- Agile You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- Influential - You know how to structure a case and get people on board.
- Adaptable - With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Open-minded - For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- Collaborative - You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Problem-solving - You see challenge as opportunity.
- Ambitious - You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- Bachelor´s degree or Diploma in appropriate field such as Industrial Design or Fine Arts.
- 2-5 years of Industrial Design work experience.
- A proven track record of excellent design performance in previous positions.
- Willingness to travel and represent the Design Team.
- Fluency in English. Other Asian languages are a benefit.
Why work for Electrolux?
We want you to prosper in a workplace where you are encouraged to shape your health and wellbeing, where your safety is paramount and your contributions are valued. We want you to finish every day in better shape than when you started. To take home ideas and inspiration to share with those most important to you. Join us to shape living for the better!
Apply for this position and learn more about your career with Electrolux