REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Desktop Support Analyst will provide desktop support for the users in the Charlotte office, as well as remote users. The analyst will utilize technical experience and familiarity with the environment to provide support to end users. The primary focus will be desktops, laptops, related peripheral equipment, audio visual equipment, and mobile devices.
- Provide 2nd level technical support for local offices and supported remote users.
- Utilize Service Now to coordinate support activities and update incidents, service requests, and tasks accordingly.
- Configure and deploy PC’s, laptops, printers, and peripheral equipment using automatic deployment tools (Microsoft SCCM).
- Install and configure software for PC’s and laptops.
- Track hardware and software utilizing standard asset management procedures.
- Provide weekly status reports to departmental management.
- Implement desktop hardware and software standards.
- Participate in desktop related project(s) as assigned by management.
- Participate in on-call rotation for off hours support.
- Assist in development and implementation of policies and procedures for desktop operating environment.
- Actively build cross-functional and cross-competence collaboration within and outside the area of responsibility.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- An Associate degree in field related to Computer Technology, IT, or technical field; a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 5 years technical support experience for end user and computing with hands on experience supporting desktop PCs and laptops in a Windows 7 / 10 environment.
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience with PC configuration, installation of peripherals, and installation and configuration of software, etc.
- This position requires over 75% communication with internal customers helping them troubleshoot any problems.
- Ability to train end users and other team members.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Experience with SCCM, scripting, active directory is a plus.
- Experience with Mac’s a plus.
- Experience of Apple iOS and Microsoft InTune a plus.