A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Lead the design and development of ice making and ice & water dispensing systems and/or sub-assemblies related to ice and water features across multiple refrigerator product architectures. This involves working with a creative, collaborative team of engineering and design professionals, test labs, marketing, industrial design, and sales towards the successful launch of new consumer products. Development is within a fast-paced environment with superior engineering and design culture using top-of-the-line development tools, state-of-the-art testing and prototyping facilities.
- Responsible for design, development, and qualification of components and/or sub-assemblies relating to ice and water technologies.
- Coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Interface with vendors and other departments on product compliance.
- Coordinate engineering activities with other departments from conception to final production
- Prepare and maintain project schedules and Engineering documentation (Bills of Material, Engineering Change Requests/Notices, etc.)
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes and quality processes related to refrigeration designs
- General knowledge of electronic control systems as related to refrigeration systems.
- FMEA experience
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs service delivery.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You get to know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) degree
- Project management experience and a solid knowledge of product development processes.
- Experience with the design/development, application and manufacturing of electro-mechanical components or systems.
- Experience with injection molded, blow molded, and thermo-formed part design and manufacturing
- Proficient with tools associated with new project development activities including stage gate development processes, DFMEA, design reviews, project planning, part tracking, and milestone schedule management
- Experience with computer applications: MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams
- Experience with 3D CAD software (CATIA, Solidworks, etc.) and Teamcenter is a plus
- Experience with refrigeration systems, and ice making, storing, and dispensing systems is a plus
- Six Sigma training is a plus