REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Product Development Engineer will participate in the sourcing and qualification of essential consumer products that have national and international exposure to millions of consumers. This involves working with a creative, collaborative team of engineering and design professionals, test labs, marketing, industrial design, and sales towards the successful launch of new consumer products. Development is within a fast-paced environment with superior engineering and design culture using top-of-the-line development tools, state-of-the-art testing, and prototyping facilities.
- Develop technical qualification of products including creating functional prototypes, testing and design verification, introduction to the market, and post launch value engineering plans.
- Follow a standard engineering workflow, with milestones, and specific deliverables to be complimented with an innovative, continuous improvement spirit and obsession for exceeding customer expectations.
- Investigate and prescribe optimized materials and manufacturing processes for a given component and sub-systems.
- Look beyond current material and manufacturing standards and integrate outside industry best practices and manufacturing innovation into the development.
- Apply critical thinking to understand depth of design and to predict why, when, and how designs fail.
- Effective contribution in collaborative sessions within and outside technical domain to gather information and vet technical opportunities, consumer needs, and optimized design.
- Generate novel technical innovation that can be used to gain competitive advantage.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- You appreciate and understand process and the project goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Engineering or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to generate, execute, and report test plans and results.
- Ability to generate engineering and aesthetic specifications, and generation of test procedures to verify specifications are met.
- Demonstrated ability to design mechanical structures, including components and systems that are consumer facing to prescribed engineering and aesthetic specifications.
- Strong understanding of engineering principles, developing mechanical models, interpreting test data, and model simulation and validation.
- Demonstrated innovation for competitive advantage, through intellectual property submission, publication, and issued patents.
- Ability to align engineering and marketing objectives, with those of the business unit to maintain continuous flow of sustainable, innovative, high quality products.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% per year.
- Catia CAD software experience preferred.
- Experience qualifying materials and components preferred.
- Materials and/or chemical laboratory experience preferred.