Satu Mare, Romania
Enable more sustainable living. For the better.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Development Engineer will be Responsible for managing and coordinate various activities related to the launch of new products and supporting platform projects in the implementation phase, being part of several project teams in a global, multi-cultural environment. She or he will be responsible for the execution and the reporting of the respective project activities according to the given timeline, performance requirements, quality level and product cost targets.
Your main tasks:
Drive and manage new product launch activities for
New product introduction
New Variant Release (NVR)
Product Change Requests (PCR)
Organize and manage prototypes building and supporting the following areas:
Product assembly, ready for testing and other purposes
Plan and coordinate prototype build in alignment with the local factory team
Synchronize local build activities between project team, supply chain, engineering, quality and prototype shop
Local platform reference contact for projects, launch activities, series builds and other related activities (like UM creation)
Drive the implementation of cost, quality and performance improvement activities
Support and drive on various activities from project definition to the approval of series production according specification
Support the implementation of new components and systems/modules
Participate in project teams & cooperate with cross-functional teams in an international environment
Participate in analysis of technical solutions with R&D, Quality, Purchasing, suppliers, factory and other involved functions
Identify standardization & modularization opportunities
Use development/quality tools and techniques, E.g. Design reviews, FMEA, project planning tools, etc.
Support part and component approval
Support/Define input for BOM ensure BOM accuracy and support planning SOP for new models
Contacts with internal and external suppliers
Align completion of product or technology module specifications from Product Line
Control costs to targets (product/technology module cost))
Support user manual creation
Contribute to SW inspection in order to ensure SW quality is at the state-of-art
Support execution of SW test plan and creation of SW test report, in collaboration with SW testers, if requested
Support system-manufacturability incl. Testing
Support cross-collaboration among Technology team and other departments (technology/platform/lab/quality…)
Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (e.g. Aerospace, Automation, Electronic, Electromechanical Engineering)
Preferred career experience: 2 years in product development
TECHNICAL AND SOFT SKILLS
• Strongly self-organized and motivated on planning and executing activities
• Project management skills
• Ability to take initiative and to be proactive and creative in finding solutions
• Strong structured and engineering approach during each development phase
• Experience in working with cross-functional and international project teams & ability to work in a matrix organization
WHO YOU ARE
• Relationship builder. Create strong relationships with all functions in the organization in order to enhance delivery of global targets.
• Independent. You can take responsibility and get things done.
• Creative. You challenge the existing status quo.
• Team player. You enjoy working with smart people from whom you can learn.
• Open minded. Do not only adjust but also bring on new, fresh ideas.
• Proactive. You can take initiative and navigate in a matrix organization
• Attitude to continuous improvement in all the job areas. You always look for the better ways to do things.
• English and local language are mandatory