A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
As a leading global appliance company, we place the consumer at
the heart of everything we do. Through our brands, including Electrolux, AEG,
Anova, Frigidaire, Westinghouse and Zanussi, we sell more than 60 million
household and professional products in more than 150 markets every year. Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are
located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is
listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.
For nearly 100 years, Electrolux has sought out to change the world for the better. We’ve strived at our company to improve gender equality and provide revolutionizing home solutions, all the while saving you countless hours on chores – giving you more room for the things you love. All of this starting with a single vacuum sale, we’ve now grown into a global leader in home and professional appliances. Our future is determined by the way we all live our lives. That’s why we strive to improve everyday life for millions of people and the world around us. It is embodied in everything we do. In every idea, every product and every human interaction. We believe that outstanding taste experiences should be easy for everyone. That there is always a better way to care for our clothes to make them look and feel new longer. That the home should be a place for wellbeing, a place to care for ourselves and our loved ones. To succeed, we continuously rethink and improve our ways of working – internally, and together with our customers and partners. By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
This is us – at Electrolux we shape living for the better.
- Lead and participate in major product design teams. Manage and conduct technical design aspects of a project from inception through production launch. Drive product and feature development based on marketing specifications.
- Develop project investment and cost budgets, develop milestone schedules, and execute projects within published timeline.
- Design, develop and implement robust designs with proper verification and validation for seamless product introduction. Develop and track test plan to ensure reliability and safety objectives are met. Initiate relevant project and change documentation Create CAD part models using CATIA
- V5 and Teamcenter; prepare component three-dimensional (3D) layouts, design concepts, and design drawings. Utilize Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to suggest and validate improvements to plastics and sheet metal components and products.
- Provide insight to engineering team specific to materials and processes used in product design.
- Lead FMEA team to identify failure modes of product and related processes.
- Ensure the company’s competitive market advantage by developing and deploying innovative technical solutions and drive the attainment of own patents from initial concept to patent certification and implementation.
- Initiate and implement product quality improvements while ensuring safety, quality, and cost.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs service delivery.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical/Electrical/Mechatronics, or other Engineering discipline
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.