Make ideas come to life. Globally.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
You will be based in our Forlí site in an international environment with R&D colleagues dedicated to our Taste Food Preparation products.
The Development Engineer is part of the Global Steam Technology Organization (STO), Global R&D Food Preparation.
You will be responsible for the design & development of steam component/module/system, evalutaing technical solutions with suppliers, factory and other functions.
As Development Engineer, you will contribute in project target definitions, test plan, activity schedule interacting with Project Leaders and involved stakeholders (Lab Specialist, Development Manager, Development Expert)
This represents a global position, responsible to support all the 4 Business Areas.
• Responsible of product file preparation
- Drawings and 3D models
- Component and sub-module technical Specification
- Test Specs on Team center DB
• Responsible of technical issues during design, testing and manufacturing phases
- CAD design - Integration of parts and modules into main CAD assembly
- DFMEA and tolerance analysis
- component supply specification and design guideline
- component test
• Drive and manage Steam sub-system projects related to:
- Quality improvement
- Cost Out
- Complexity Reduction
- Supplier and Component Standardization
- New Feature request
• Provide improvement proposals in the Way of Working
• Ensure compliance with work environment and safety regulations.
• Ensure job compliance with regulations and quality audits
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic engineering
• Good knowledge in mechanical/Electrical/electronic component and system development and design
• Basic knowledge of approval and environmental rules in different countries
• Basic knowledge of the main manufacturing processes (metal forming, moulding, …)
• 6sigma Green/Black Belt is a plus
• Kaizen certificate is a plus
• 1 - 3 years experience in White Goods/Automotive field
• Knowledge with 2D or 3D engineering desing and manufacturing tools (CATIA is preferred)
• Open minded. You appreciate the privilege of working in an international environment, global team and are respectful of different cultural backgrounds.
• Ability to work in a matrix organization including remote interaction
• Ability to conduct a meeting
• Technical report writing skills.
• Proficient on Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word
• Project management related studies is a plus
• Ability on MS Project is a plus
• Fluent English
“Everyone within R&D and Technology plays a vital role in developing the future of Electrolux. Being part of one community will be an opportunity to grow, learn and co-create with peers around the globe!”
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.