Development Lab Technician
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will participate in new product or system development including build and test of both prototype and production cooking products. You will assist in evaluating failures for cause and communicate all findings. Knowledge of general laboratory procedures and fundamentals of mechanical and electrical technologies are necessary to be successful in this role.
- Perform design experiments with general supervision; some tests may require non-standard procedures and complex instrumentation.
- Perform UL & CSA agency approval tests and internal test specifications with general supervision.
- Troubleshoot issues to determine electrical/mechanical root cause and assist in solution.
- Create detailed reports and provide analysis of test results as required.
- Exhibit appropriate professional behavior including positive attitude, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, creative thinking and personal integrity to achieve department/corporate goals and objectives.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with team members, direct supervisor, and members of other work groups; establish and maintain good working relationships.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs service delivery.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree in technical field (preferred)
- 5 years’ experience in appliance manufacturing or technical experience in electrical or mechanical related field
- Working knowledge of test equipment; including voltmeter, dielectric tester (HiPot), gas manometer, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)