Create and/or update 3D design models and create 2D drawings through the Engineering Change Notice (ECN) process. Under the direction of design, engineers develop new product and component designs utilizing 3D Surface and Solids modeling in CATIA. Capable of being self-directed once given design parameters, working with the engineer in the development of the product or component. Integration of sound manufacturing and assembly practices in product designs. Perform design verification through 3D layouts and present results during design review sessions. Responsible for the day to day performance of design and development of products and components utilizing 3D CAD/CAE modeling techniques. Work with engineers and others as assigned to develop computer-generated product models and components in support of target goals and objectives. Applies sound design principles in the development of product models. Support engineers in the development of Bills of Material and ECNs as necessary in the product development process. Review design concepts through prototype, pre-pilot, and pilot build. Work with engineer and manufacturing to ensure that designs meet defined guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete all CAD work required to process Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) including 3D model creation/modification and any 2D drawing creation/modification that may be required.
- Ensure adherence to all CAD and drafting standards.
- Check other designer’s work during the processing of ECNs to ensure that CAD and drafting standards are being followed.
- Distribute as required, engineering documentation, ECNs, drawings, and/or specifications electronically or by paper.
- Create file conversions as required from CAD data, i.e. iges, dxf, stl, and pdf formats.
- Design new components and systems utilizing 3D CAD modeling techniques under the direction of a product or project engineer.
- Develop bills of material and initiate ECNs as required.
- Participate in prototype builds for design verification.
- Participate in design reviews and meetings presenting design concepts.
- Can work with minimal supervision in the design process.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
- Minimum of an Associates Degree in a technical curriculum from an accredited school
- Thorough knowledge of drafting standards and their application with a minimum of 1-year experience using 3D modeling and design software to create new designs and production drawings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good verbal and written communications
- Exceptional Problem Solving Skills
- Strong aptitude for details
- Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing
- Mature thinking and professional presentation with common sense and judgment in a broad business perspective;
- Proven presence that commands the respect and trust of customers and employees at all levels within the organization;
- Highly intelligent, perceptive individual who possesses excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills;
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment;
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done;
- Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys a challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction
- Collaborative leader and team player
- Ability to listen, capture and translate inputs and new challenges coming from consumers and colleagues interfacing them in the market
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards
- Ability to influence people who are not direct reports
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting and resolving complex and controversial issues and responding effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Strong Continuous Improvement mindset