Development Technical Leader
PIONEER THE TECHNOLOGY ENABLING MILLIONS OF PEOPLE TO EXPERIENCE THE GREATEST BENEFITS. GLOBALLY.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. We go to work every day determined to shape living for the better – for our customers and for the health of our planet.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
Within the company Global R&D site, Advanced Product Development Dish Care team is looking for a highly motivated engineer who will lead the Technical Development in Dishwashers in order to create innovative efficient appliances to deliver relevant Consumer Experiences.
A regular day at work:
In this position, you will be involved in a variety of projects and have a broad range of responsibilities, from leading the Technical development in projects to supporting other project leaders.
We are looking for a strong technical leader who can drive projects and technical activities from initial conception, technology scouting to technical validation, minimising potential risks associated with introducing new technical solutions in our products.
You will be interacting globally with different R&D departments as well as with the Business Areas.
In a regular day at work you will be responsible for:
• Applying your engineering expertise as the Technical Leader of Advanced Development projects and co-ordinate small project teams to ensure that the technologies and modules are delivered to meet technical targets and deadlines; can be fully integrated within our products with attention to manufacturability, product and investment costs; and satisfy consumer needs, as agreed with our internal Stakeholders;
• Taking care of all technical aspects and potential criticalities linked to the projects and drive proper escalation to upper management in time, if and when needed (highlighting gaps to project targets, deadlines, etc.);
• Helping to give sound technical direction and maintaining a clear vision for everyone in the team;
• Supporting the Advanced Product Development Dish Care Team Leader by reporting project technical updates, aligning the project developments to the Technical Road Map strategy, and interfacing with R&D to align on technical development activities, and updating the projects’ progress with our Business Area Partners;
• Applying best engineering practices, lean development principles and quality tools, like 6 sigma, model based design, FMEA and project planning tools;
• Scouting for new technologies and innovative sources, for instance through University, Open Innovation collaborations, etc.
• ENERGY. You are methodical and result oriented. Innovative, creative and open-minded approach. You find solutions to problems.
• GROW oriented. You are keen on expand your horizons on daily base looking for a continuous improvement in all the job areas and finding any better ways to do things.
• Relationship builder. Ability to work in a matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with all the functions of the organization.
• Team oriented. You work with others having communication skills and respect for cultural diversities.
• POSITIVE. Positive thinking and “hands-on” approach. You display a can-do attitude and challenge the existing status quo.
• Globally minded. Do not only fix but also bring on new, fresh ideas and willing to travel.
• Self-driven. You’re not afraid of taking initiative through a matrix organization.
Background & required experience:
• Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
• Qualified engineering experience with knowledge of mechanics, thermo and fluid-dynamic applications
• The ideal candidate has at least 5 years of experience in a R&D environment, preferably in Home Appliances and has Technical Project Management experience working on projects in research led product development.
• Ability to apply theoretical knowledge to deriving practical user-friendly solutions;
• Knowledge of 3D Design (CATIA is a merit);
• Strong product development skills;
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
Please submit your CV in English
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.