Digital Experience Designer
“By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
And we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.”
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this design role you will be part of the team responsible for defining and crafting an overall Connected Appliance UX Design direction across the many different products we design and manufacture. Your responsibilities will span across many aspects of UX Design; including, but not limited to: information architecture, interaction, motion, usability, visual, sound, and prototyping. You will work closely with product management, marketing, engineering, a local and global design team, and executive leadership to bring novel new consumer experiences from concept to launch. You will be mentored by a team of passionate and thoughtful designers and given opportunities to grow and develop professionally.
Digital Experience Designers work hand-in-hand with other members of product, marketing, design, and technology teams to bring intuitive products to life. They look for opportunities to connect the dots across product teams and identify key dependencies. Your core mission is to work across different connected products to surface use cases and reduce user friction, while utilizing ubiquitous connectivity and cloud computing as design materials for a new era of modern living.
A regular day of work
- Facilitate development and implementation of research, analysis methodology and tools related to each project and promote planning, implementation and analysis of the assigned project regarding its requirement, functions, market, trend, users and etc.
- Define and manage UX (User Experience) core principles and concepts for UI design using derived insights and analysis that provides meaningful values to target users and the company;
- Prototype holistic digital+physical product experiences with particular focus on the user interface(s), user value, and usability.
- Work cross-functionally and iteratively to mature a concept to enter our product development process and take responsibility for ensuring the design intent is fully delivered;
- Responsibility for commercial output; e.g., all the necessary elements of a premium connected user experience are materialized within the given timeline, resources, and brand values.
- Plan, execute, and oversee the continuous improvement plan that incorporates OKR’s with design improvements;
- Contribute to, and effectively utilize, our internal design system.
As part of the culture of continuous improvement, you will be involved in Lean Thinking projects and activities (EMS/C2W).
Who you are:
You work in, and encourage, cross-collaboration leveraging diversity and open feedback
You are good at communicating concepts, design and ideas to stakeholders at all levels, in different shapes depending on the context
You have previously demonstrated time management, communication and prioritization skills
You understand and react to change and are capable to adapt to business and organizational needs
You are a systems thinker by nature with an ability to zoom in and out as necessary
- Good experience as a UX/Interaction Designer in a product, web, mobile, agency, or large enterprise company;
- Expertise in user-centered design process and user research techniques;
- Experience estimating, scoping, and writing effective statements of work that clearly set customer expectations;
- Advanced English.
Desired Design Skills:
- Solid skills using Adobe Creative Suite and other design tools in Mac or PC environments;
- Experience prototyping interactions;
- Ability to design user interfaces within technical constraints while leveraging and maximizing technical features;
- Experience with all stages of product development - concept, wireframes, design iterations, production and QA;
- Cross-platform experience - desktop, tablet, consumer electronics, and mobile;
- Stakeholder Management: Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders;
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals;
A portfolio that demonstrates both strong interaction and prototyping proficiency.
As part of Electrolux, we will continuously invest in you and your development. There are no barriers to where your career could take you.