Digital Media Strategist
The Digital Media Strategist is responsible for developing digital media plans to meet Electrolux’s marketing and sales goals. This role will help develop the people and process for in-sourcing media planning, buying, and optimizations into Electrolux. The Digital Media Strategist will be responsible for working closely with digital media outlets and partners to most effectively and efficiently drive the business objectives, including negotiation and ongoing relationship management. The Digital Media Strategist must be well-versed across digital media and have a nuanced understanding of each medium’s strengths and ability to achieve goals. This role supports both Brand and Customer Marketing and must be able to make recommendations based on the unique needs of each team. The Digital Media Strategist must be well-versed in analyzing media results and be committed to data-driven planning. The ideal candidate works well within a team environment and is able to prioritize workflow while maintaining work quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with internal and agency teams to understand marketing goals and creative strategies, and build media plans to compliment/enhance these efforts.
- Analyze and understand target audience characteristics and media preferences/attitudes.
- Use research data, marketing mix models and previous campaign results to identify the best mix of media channels to deliver advertising messages to clients' target audiences.
- Craft and present media strategies and proposals that most effectively leverage budget in a holistic fashion against the business objectives.
- Negotiate and purchase media of all forms.
- Negotiate rates, special placements, and added value.
- Execute all media plans by finalizing contracts and issuing orders.
- Work with internal team to maintain/optimize media buys and provide regular metrics/analytical reports, as well as a complete post-buy analysis.
- Monitor buys in progress by spot checking placements and negotiating credit or billing adjustments as necessary.
- Track media expenditures to ensure budget compliance.
- Work with internal teams and agency on monthly account reconciliation.
- Meet with media representatives and maintain a roster of strategic media partners.
- Stay abreast of current trends and technological advancements.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in marketing and/or digital media field
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field.
- Computer literacy to include proficiency with MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Outlook & Internet Explorer.
- Has strong mathematical skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Able to perform job functions independently with minimal supervision; has the confidence and experience to make business decisions that are within scope relative to digital media placements, changes, fluctuations, etc.
- Is an effective role model for the digital media team and agency; maintains a good team spirit
- Maintains grace under pressure; has a resiliency during times of change; able to positively react and change course when necessary
- Effectively manages projects from start to finish, truly taking ownership of its successes, failures, accuracy, and timeliness
- Is a good listener, and receptive to the ideas of others
- Comfortable navigating difficult situations independently while maintaining high standards of communication and tact. Communicates clearly and effectively with internal & external stakeholders
- Upholds Electrolux’s reputation for communication, respect, and honesty in all interactions internally and externally
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effectively problem solves; generates innovative solutions to potential obstacles or market challenges
- Able to identify areas for process improvement, and takes the initiative to explore potential resolutions
- Adapts to changes in workload and working conditions without loss of productivity
- Has a sense of urgency to obtain results, meets deadlines
- Handles large volume of work efficiently, effectively and productivity
- Sets priorities and manages time well