Direct Material Buyer
Purchasing & Sourcing
When working with purchasing and sourcing at Electrolux, it’s our job to ensure a stable supply of products, components and services that maintain a high level of quality and relevant innovation. By building long-lasting relationships with suppliers from around the world, we develop partnerships characterized by tight-knit collaboration. Thanks to our efforts, Electrolux will be able to offer products and services that deliver outstanding experiences to our consumers.
The Direct Material buyer is part of the purchasing team, the chosen candidate will be responsible for managing projects for a specific commodity.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
Working with the Commodity, you’ll ensure we have the right tools, components and consumables, where and when we need them. That means day to day interaction with stakeholders, knowing our business inside out and understanding suppliers so that you can negotiate with confidence. You’ll also enthuse our partners and suppliers with a passion for our purpose.
RESPONSIBILITIES YOU WILL BE HAVING
• Set the sourcing strategy for assigned commodities.
• Deal & negotiate with European commodity manager contributing to the definition & implementation of commodity strategy.
• Represent Egyptian purchasing team for assigned commodities in global negotiations & contracting.
• Define 3-year sourcing strategy for assigned commodities
• Prepare annual actions for assigned commodities in contribution to Purchasing saving the annual plan.
• Identify backup actions to recover any deviation from saving the plan.
• Constantly scanning the market for potential new suppliers.
• Manage RFQ, negotiate prices & conditions with suppliers.
• Prepare and present sourcing boards when introducing any new supplier to business.
• Develop and maintain a strong and reliable supplier base.
• Ensure proper filing, up to date documentation and regular reporting of important data.
• Continuous support to different departments (supply chain, production, R&D, Finance,..etc) and colleagues.
• From 3 to 5 years of experience in Purchasing / Supply chain.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering / Business
• Purchasing processes knowledge.
• Very Good MS office capabilities.
• Curious. Eager to learn and follow the inquisitive thinking approach
• Structured. You are used to handling both smaller and bigger projects at the same time.
• Excellent Negotiator and communicator. You will become the spider in the web and work with multiple stakeholders & external partners
• Innovative. providing out of the box solutions is in your professional DNA.