Director, Air Care
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us, going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas, we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Product Director – Air will lead the product line business strategy for the home comfort and air purification categories in North America delivering best-in-class experiences for our consumers. This role will lead a team of talented individuals responsible for the product development, launch, and management of all air products in North America leveraging and enhancing our two strong brands, Frigidaire and Electrolux. The Product Director will be responsible for development of the 3 to 5-year product roadmap, ensuring a competitive range of profitable, high-quality products that enhance consumers’ ability to live more sustainably. This role provides an opportunity to drive new business development and growth in the product portfolio while working cross-functionally across the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead development of 3 to 5-year product roadmap based on consumer insight, competitive landscape, technology roadmap, customer requirements, and sound business management principles.
- Ensure new products are delivered to the marketplace on time and at the required cost/quality targets to deliver business objectives focusing not only on financial results but also enhancing our brands and leading in sustainable solutions.
- Lead and develop a team of direct reports as subject matter experts for all Air products.
- Partner with Global Consumer Experience Organization/R&D, and Global Product Sourcing on development of targeted consumer innovation and integration into product roadmap.
- Work with R&D, Project Management, Global Product Sourcing, and Finance to drive cost efficiency and simplification across the business.
- Collaborate with Quality Organization to ensure best-in-class consumer star rated products in marketplace.
- Work closely with Ownership Solutions and Digital Product Organization to develop a strong after-market business enabled by seamless, easy-to-use connected experiences.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing on new product launches and commercialization activities ensuring product accuracy.
- Work with Merchandising and Pricing team to understand competitive dynamics and position new products in win in the market.
- Participate in supply chain planning activities with Global Product Sourcing, Operations, and Supply Chain teams.
- Support development of project business cases, partnering with the Global Product Sourcing Organization and Finance to ensure profitable growth.
- Assist in the development and management of the annual strategic business plan including monthly and quarterly P&L maintenance.
- Represent North America on the Global Experience Board for Air Care participating in regular meetings both virtually and in-person with Electrolux colleagues from around the globe.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With several projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading the team to achieve.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA degree required in related field; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of product management or other business leadership experience with successful track-record. Direct people management experience preferred.
- Consumer products experience required; Air product experience strongly preferred.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of P&L, product development, pricing/costing, merchandising, and new product commercialization.
- Excellent project management skills; can plan and prioritize.
- Flexibility in travel as regular travel (both domestic and international) will be required.