Director - Customer Engagement Center
Consumer & Customer Care
Join a team of highly engaged professionals who are part of the Ownership Solutions (OS) organization at Electrolux. Driving Brand Loyalty is the OS mission and this position is a critical link to promoting Brand Loyalty among Electrolux customers by providing them with an effortless experience.
The individual in this position provides strategic direction and operational leadership to Electrolux’ Customer Engagement Center (CEC) for Major Appliances in North America. The CEC Director is responsible for providing effortless customer and consumer experience, while maintaining optimal levels of cost efficiency and employee engagement, successfully positioning the center for rapidly evolving multi-channel consumer interaction.
This role will closely follow the evolution of the external market in the areas of post-purchase consumer care and add-on sales, anticipate and translate these dynamics into recommendations for Electrolux, helping drive the Ownership Solutions organization on its growth path.
Typical Day at Work
As the CEC Director, you will develop a vision for the CEC, translate Electrolux’ purpose and brand strategies into annual and longer-term strategic plans, in order to exceed consumer experience targets and revenue generation goals.
You will work in close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders, such as Quality, Warranty, Service Delivery, Sales, Product Line, and Marketing, to develop a KPI framework that supports continuous improvement of customer engagement strategies, and drives return on investment.
The role requires that you be a thought partner with executive leaders and peers, to stimulate innovative ideas about integration of multiple channels, products, and technology, to create a seamless consumer experience. This means a curiosity that drives you to continuously test new strategies, tools, and products to maximize performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership to customer service, call center operations and other professional staff
- Drive the overall performance of the customer service organization: service levels, revenue generation, customer satisfaction, cost reduction
- Provide expert knowledge of workforce forecasting and planning to maintain optimal staffing levels
- Forecast departmental staffing needs and builds a strong, sustainable team via the hiring of new talent, and the development and retention of existing staff
- Manage departmental budget, identify opportunities to improve efficiency, and perform cost/benefit analysis on incremental investments
- Identify opportunities and recommend action plans to attain and exceed sales goals
- Foster an inclusive culture that promotes teamwork and collaboration within and across functions, appreciates effort and recognizes performance
- Monitor and evaluate the entire customer engagement process for compliance and effectiveness, define corrective strategies as required
- Establish and implement service level agreements, analyze operational trends and take corrective action to achieve high levels of performance and customer service
- Manage sub-contracts and relationships with partners and vendors to reduce the occurrence of problems and to quickly resolve any problem encountered
- Develop and continuously improve consumer-focused training and onboarding for new team members
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA strongly preferred
- Call Center Management: 10 years (Required) Site Director: 5 years (Preferred) Call center leadership: 8 years (Required)
- This position will require occasional travel; travel to Charlotte, NC headquarters for North America is frequent.
- Strong business acumen, sound business judgment, and decisiveness.
WHO YOU ARE
Customer-Centric Mindset/Powerful Communicator/Master of Priorities & Motivation
- You are a superior motivator with the ability to manage teams of 500 agents to exceed expectations
- You have examples of building, training, motivating and managing teams that achieve high levels of success and flourish within organizations.
- You demonstrate excellent influencing, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to articulate a clear vision and represent it convincingly.
- You demonstrate the experience and high character to thrive in a collaborative environment of collegiality and accountability, and demonstrate the ability to lead in a large-scale, complex environment, in a diplomatic yet assertive style
- You have a proven record of accomplishment implementing new processes, technologies or related systems leading to a significant increase in performance or business impact.
- You are well versed in all aspects related to customer self-service and call center agents, the related technologies, and are a proven leader in delivering outstanding customer experience.
- You have been successful developing and implementing performance-driven customer experience initiatives, changing cultures, and driving results.
- You have a background developing and implementing appropriate standard controls and methodology to manage costs while delivering exceptional customer service.
- Experience developing inside sales programs to enhance direct to consumer offering.
- You have a flexible personal style and ability to balance an effective process orientation with a strong appreciation for deliverables and a keen awareness of the necessity for quick and decisive action in a fast-paced environment.
DESIRED LEADERSHIP QUALITIES
Energy: Inspires and engages people while fostering a culture of accountability and ownership. Drives and delivers business results in a short and long-term perspective.
Openness: Encourages cross-collaboration, leveraging on diversity and open feedback. Keeps the end consumer and customers in mind through an outside-in perspective.
Agility: Analyzes and adapts to different people and situations, remaining composed during ambiguity. Quickly understands and reacts to changes and takes decisions despite instabilities and uncertainties.
Growth: Develops talents and learns new skills beyond own business needs. Explores new business ideas and continuously improves to build core capabilities.